EBay temperature controller problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloodonblood

Reaction score
I just got my eBay temp controller in and I have a couple if concerns. It doesn't say "STC-100" on the front, and the instructions say it uses a 220VAC power supply. Did buy the wrong one? :/

I think you bought the wrong one. I just bought one and saw they had some 220 volt ones listed.

Post a link to yours.

Cool! I'll look in to that since I already have it anyways.

If anyone can help my find were tge info is at, please post it up!

Thanks! Those transformers are $2.62 each from futureelectronics.com

My guess is the 230vac model is using pn bv302s09015 for the transformer. If that is, indeed, the case, and the relays are the same, should be a direct replacement.

Specs for the 110 transformer:

Secondary voltage: 9+-10% vdc
secondary current: 167 mA
Max no load voltage: 9.7 vdc
Rate power: 1.5 va

The relays are from hongmei relay in china, finding info about them is more difficult.

Would someone with the 230vac model care to crack it open and post the numbers and letters from the top of the 2 black boxes located on the board?

http://www.futureelectronics.com/en...?ProductID=BV301S09015ZETTLERMAGNETICS9579905

Finally the replacement transformers came in to convert the 220 boxes to 110:

1.jpg

It is kinda difficult to unsolder the old transformer with the crappy soldering iron that I had to use, but I got it done, circled in red are the terminals that need to be unsoldered:

2.jpg

Here is the new transformer soldered in, worked perfect:

3.jpg

I have 4 more transformers if anyone else accidentally buys the 220V version of this, yours for my cost plus shipping....PM me if interested

here are some useful pics showing where to cut the case to make the slightly bigger transformer fit

Salute'

and

controller_xformer_mod.jpg

Here is the controller with a hole cut into the cover so the transformer will fit.

Again, everything works just fine with the new transformer. You will just have to make allowances for the extra height.

The bottom of the circuit board is coated with an insulating covering. This needs to be scraped away to allow access to the solder. Once the area around the lands is clean, it is very easy to unsolder the old transformer and solder in the new.

Good luck

bloodonblood said:
Thanks for the heads up. Thats exactly what I'm going to do.

I have a thread that sounds just like this from a few months ago. I saw you posted up on mine and wanted to make sure that anyone else that saw yours had another option. I would like to see your final product when it's done. Maybe it will help me improve for my next version. Good luck!

Back