Redwood Lodge in Flint, MI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedIrocZ-28

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
SWMBO and I stayed near Flint this weekend for a wedding, and SHE made sure that we stayed near a Brewpub so we could go there and hang out for a bit. :tank: She might be a keeper ;) This is a no smoking place but thats not that big of a deal for me, I'll take it either way when there is good beer on tap. It wasn't busy at all when we arrived there, so I can't be sure what the crowd would be like during their busy times but it seemed like a classy joint. They even had a Cigar Lounge there which led me to believe that it was a bit more upscale than they let on.

So anyway, pics!
Jun20_0003.jpg

Jun20_0001.jpg

I sampled their Russian Imperial Stout. It was very heavy on the roastiness which I was pleasantly surprised by! It had a hint of molasses and toffee in the finish. Overall a great RIS.

I also had the Munich Helles. Admittedly this was the first time I ever had a Helles. I can't be certain it was a great example, but it tasted like a damn fine beer.

Oh, and their potato skins are sinfully good. They had steak and cream cheese on every one of those things. I could have eaten 20 of them!

If you're in the area, go to this place.

Been there a few times and I always leave satisfied. It's a great change of pace type of place compared to what we usually have around here in terms of restaurants and brewpubs.

They won Small Brew Pub of the Year and Small Brew Pub Brewer of the Year for 2008. Excellent beer and very good food.

I'd much rather taste my beer that breath cig smoke all night. *shrug*

She looks like Z did in high school. She is half Thai, half German.

I was told that the brewer from there just went to Frankenmuth.

It is a nice building, cute help, but everything is pricey and I was not impressed with the IPA, 5% and 53 IBU's, IIRC, for a 5 dollar pint.

They do cask English, but I have no desire.

One of my least favorites.

Back