Immersion chiller questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tankard

Reaction score
What other object can I use, besides a corney keg, to wrap the copper tubing around so that it can fit in my aluminum pot and keggle?

Where can I get the acid flux, lead free solder, and a propane torch at a reasonable cost? Would Home Depot have all of this stuff?

Thanks.

What other object can I use, besides a corney keg, to wrap the copper tubing around so that it can fit in my aluminum pot and keggle?

Where can I get the acid flux, lead free solder, and a propane torch at a reasonable cost? Would Home Depot have all of this stuff?

Thanks.

Anything round will work. Just make sure the final diameter will fit inside your brew pot.
Home depot will have everything you need. Just go to the copper plumbing area.

I wrapped mine around a 2.5 gallon bucket-worked great. For rigidity, I used copper wire around 2 coils, tightened and cut off the excess. I repeated that process around the chiller at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions and it works great.

Back