Swamp Cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zogman100

Reaction score
Found this cool insulated cover at Wal-Mart. Fits the standard plastic, round toy basket. 6 gallon Better Bottle fits perfectly along with a couple bottles of ice. Seems to work well as room temp is 75, temp inside dropped to 62. Top has a zippered hole so the neck of your carboy is sticking out for your blow-off tube or airlock. Best thing, it was on the clearance shelf for eight bucks. Can't wait to try it on my next brew.

P1010823r.jpg

Here is the packaging, I've had no luck finding it on Wal-Marts website or on Amazon. I found it in the clearance bin so maybe it's a discontinued item but don't know for sure.

P1010825r.jpg

There were about 4 or 5 left on the shelf at Wal-Mart. I may have to run back and pick up a couple more for spares.
:mug:

Zogman100 said:
There were about 4 or 5 left on the shelf at Wal-Mart. I may have to run back and pick up a couple more for spares.
:mug:

Well? Did you?

Looks similar to a brewing-specific one I've seen some folks recommend buying for $55.

Good find.

Ah that is a good sign. I plan on checking my local Wally world this weekend.

Have anything fermenting in one yet?

Not yet, going to be doing some remodeling to the basement which includes some additions to my brew space. (New cabinets so I have some storage space) Have the ingredients for my next brew and my current brew is about a week away from transfer to the keg so I have to hold off for a bit.

BansheeRider said:
Where? I can't find them online.

I cleaned out the supply at Walmart in the Crenshaw mall south Los Angeles. They were stacked next to the plastic garbage and storage bins.

Back