quad ring for regulator stem replacement?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekjohns

Reaction score
my quad ring (o-ring) that is on the step of the regulator is pretty torn up. I was looking to replace it but am having a hard time finding one. Does anyone know where to get one? I have tried measuring it which comes out to be close to
OD - 5/8"
ID - 3/8"
Width - 1/10"

Mcmaster sells one close but with a 1/8" width and im affriad it might be too big. Has anyone found a good cheap replacement for this ring? I ordered some rubber washers from kegconnection but i dont know if this will work

the quad ring looks like a X instead of and O I would post a pic but it never works for me i am doing something wrong

Are you talking about the gasket between the tank and the regulator high pressure nut?

I just went to the hardware store - In the nylon washer drawer. Find one that fits the nut, with the smallest diameter inner hole.

Then tighten the bejesus out of it.

2 tanks through mine without a leak, and it cost $.35 :rockin:

Yeah the washer on my reg was nylon aswell.......... until I lost it :drunk:

i was able to get a 1/8' diameter o-ring at ace hardware for 29 cents that worked well. I also ordered some rubber washers with an order for some other stuff that i might try as well. Taprite who makes the regulator said the quad ring was suppose to seal better but that a normal o-ring works fine.

I lost my gasket and cut a rough circle out of the bottom of One of these and poked a hole in the middle. Has lasted 2 tanks without leaking :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Quad rings are made to fit in the same grooves as O rings. The quad ring may work better, but O ring works fine. Use the same O ring that fits on ball lock post. The trick is to remove the center spud of the regulator inlet using an Allen wrench. It has a taper on it to hold the ring in place but that makes it almost impossible to install the ring unless you remove it first

Quad rings are made to fit in the same grooves as O rings. The quad ring may work better, but O ring works fine. Use the same O ring that fits on ball lock post. The trick is to remove the center spud of the regulator inlet using an Allen wrench. It has a taper on it to hold the ring in place but that makes it almost impossible to install the ring unless you remove it first

You just saved my life right there, I guess I will be kegging tonight!

Latest posts

Back