Beersmith Mash-Out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PseudoChef

Reaction score
Is there any way to configure BeerSmith to have my mash out addition at 212 instead of the usual 196? This way I'll use less water, and I think that would be better off.

I always do that by editing the mash out step, telling it to use a specific VOLUME of mash-out water, and lowering the volume until it's about 212. It would be nice if there was a simple check-box for "use boiling water for mash out"

I know this is really old, but I just figured this out earlier this week. If you go into the list of standard mash profiles (through the "Choose" button on the recipe editor), you can edit the the initial settings. I think they're all based on a 10lb grain weight. Adjust the Mash Out volume until the temperature ends up near boiling (I just used 5qts at 210 to account for a slight temperature drop during transfer). Then, when you select that profile, it will automatically set the mash out volume based on that water temperature.

Latest posts

Back