after drying?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walte1fr

Reaction score
After drying the hops do you just leave the cones whole and vacuum seal them? Or do you crush up or just keep the leaves? It's my furst year of hops and had a great turn out. 2.5lbs just looking for any other hints

5 plants. I bought 2nd year crowns. I actually have 6 plants but one was put in late and the bines were tangled in circles and couldn't get it to climb. Is that good?

2.5 dry is really a great first year harvest or just 5 plants.

As an example I planted 8 rhizomes this year. 1 died. I had one that I thought had done extraordinarily well and only got 4-5 oz dried from it. One of my other plants I ended up with .5 oz dry. Other than that My other plants either had just a handful of cones or didn't produce any this year. :) I have heard planting crowns is better and gives you more of a second year yield... looks like it worked for you. :)

It sure did. I'm glad I bought them. Great lakes hops is where I ordered them.

I am planning on doing that this year. I have been in contact with them and Brian specifically is fantastic. I'm pretty sure I owe him a beer for all the correspondence he has engaged in with me. :)

They are great over there. They give away free plants in contests on there facebook page.

Back