You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When everytime you go to specific...um...bargain hunters grocery store in a less than upscale neighborhood, you grab a bulk 10 # sack of quick oats even though you don't eat oatmeal.

Oatmeal stout..
Oatmeal porter..
Oatmeal smoked porter..
Oatmeal nut brown..
Oatmeal pale ale..
Oatmeal ..

Or just say "body" without consequences and be done with it.

Did I mention I drive a $1000 beater and do not lock doors because I leave nothing of value in it...except there. They sell also sell cocks, defeathered on order with a propane torch while you wait.

Or just say "body" without consequences and be done with it.

Did I mention I drive a $1000 beater and do not lock doors because I leave nothing of value in it...except there. They sell also sell cocks, defeathered on order with a propane torch while you wait.

Will they deflower on order as well?

Your non homebrewing friends are hanging out while you brew a batch and no matter how many times you hear "Dude, you know you can just go down to the store and buy beer". You justify it with as many explanations as times you hear it.

Your non homebrewing friends are hanging out while you brew a batch and no matter how many times you hear "Dude, you know you can just go down to the store and buy beer". You justify it with as many explanations as times you hear it.

Just keep at it. Soon they will understand why just buying beer at the store isn't as good. That, or you need smarter friends

You know you're a homebrewer when you look at a 2 liter of Pepsi or Coca Cola and ponder what would happen if you replaced a gallon or two of water in your next recipe with it. :mug:

When your wife mentions something about "cage free eggs", and you hear "age free kegs"

you know you're a homebrewer when you hear someone mention "cage free eggs" and you think, "why the EFF would eggs need to be in a cage in the first place? where the EFF are they going to go?"

no. wait. that's when you know someone's trying to bull**** you

You can do that with bread too. Or any number of things.

You know you're a home brewer when (in no specific order):

1. Your daughters ask if there are hops in their pancakes.
2. When you're drinking iced tea (well any drink really) and they ask if it is beer.
3. You're at the grocery store and want to know if we are going to the beer section. When we do or just walk by, they make a big scene about the beer.
4. When you do go into the beer section they want you to buy the beer with the cool labels (i.e. ones with mermaids).
5. When you receive a package in the mail or come home with something, they ask "Did you get more beer stuff"?

You know you're a home brewer when (in no specific order):

1. Your daughters ask if there are hops in their pancakes.
2. When you're drinking iced tea (well any drink really) and they ask if it is beer.
3. You're at the grocery store and want to know if we are going to the beer section. When we do or just walk by, they make a big scene about the beer.
4. When you do go into the beer section they want you to buy the beer with the cool labels (i.e. ones with mermaids).
5. When you receive a package in the mail or come home with something, they ask "Did you get more beer stuff"?

That list pretty much covers everything, yeah. Time to shut this one down. We are done here.

When after brewing and barrel aging an oatmeal stout for your son's 21st birthday, your 16 year old proposes brewing 3 years of lambic to blend a gueze for his 21st (Planning ahead I guess)

You are happy you were only kegging tonight and not brewing. My racking cane got clogged or something with hops. Starting the siphon then blew the tip off into the keg (that stays until the keg kicks). Then when cleaning, you break the racking cane removing the hose. I'll get a stainless one now. Good thing I wasn't brewing.

Hopefully the beer didn't get too much oxygen...ha! I doubt it matters, the hydrometer sample was already good. That keg won't last long.

When you explain how to make ice tea by telling your son to pour off the first runnings, then sparge the tea bag with enough water to fill the pitcher.

....when you are considering taking the water adjustment you have been doing to your coffee to the next level by setting up a tasting panel with your coffee nerd friends.

So tempting...

Back