What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2nd Gin and tonic at the moment. Wife just picked me up a couple 6'ers of SN Ruthless Rye so I can get back to my main squeeze. Mmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Delicious!

1392432151012.jpg

Yeah yeah yeah. But it's nice having it now when you can't find it anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

We have them. They're a little expensive. I'll have to have one soon along with a few Ten Fidy's!

Just pounded two waters after hammering the first bowl of Ramen noodles I've had since college. Wtf. I eat bad food when I drink too much.

Drinking some new Belgium spring blonde. Its pretty meh. Swmbo got me a mix six and did real well getting me lots of beer I have not tired. :rockin:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Drinking some new Belgium spring blonde. Its pretty meh. Swmbo got me a mix six and did real well getting me lots of beer I have not tired. :rockin:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

I have not tired too.

Well my quick trip to get brewing stuffs turned into a 4.5 hour trip. Miller's Toll oatmeal imperial stout, something with some hop, some Belgian IPA, some hidden pipe with coffee porter, a drive home, a wayward email, a Sam Adams cold snap and now looking to my next beer.
Yup.

First pour of awesomeness from my truly amazing wife on finding a bottle states away and getting it here before the exp date lol. Alittle surf and turf night

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392434180.734790.jpg

My third beer of the night from BigMike after his HB and a very floral Hopsy Daisy. This is one hell of a good RIS very happy to have tried this! Up there with Yeti and abyss for me :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Home Brew mobile app

1392434653776.jpg

Had a New Belgium Wild2 Dubbel earlier. Pretty meh. Made a roast chicken, butternut squash and chocolate dipped coconut macaroons. The macaroons are pretty money. Might have to have another with some HB.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392435029.886909.jpg

How is it? I might pick one up.

it's good. Subtle bourbon and chocolate. It's nice. I want more body but it's worth picking up one.

You ever seen a grown man naked?

I see one everyday when I look into the mirror of the turk is prison

Sent from a turkish prison while watching movies about gladiators

Pardon my ignorance, but what are the bottles in the 2nd pic?

Those are the armand seasons. Summer, winter, spring, fall. Special blend of guezes that were released once. He planned to do more but a fault in temperature destroyed a lot of their beer (dire fontentien). I lucky had them all. Very tasty and quite different from each other

I hate this app. It's quoting something completely different.

It is over carbed but a gusher

Sent from a turkish prison while watching movies about gladiators

Started my post-Valentine's Dinner with a Green Man ESB Special Amber...first time trying one of their brews. Honestly...and I'm not bragging, because I am admittedly a Newbie...but I think my HB nut brown ale is substantially better. Wish I had spent that $2 on something else. Moving on to a HB "Big Dark Stout". Better than last time, but this one was a batch using up some older freebie ingredients and has a little vanilla bean in about a 2-1/2 gallon batch. Definitely a little nondescript, but the fruitiness that I think was coming from the vanilla in early tastings has faded and the ABV is around 7%+. So, a 22ozer makes for a good 3rd or fourth beer in a session!

DSC04197.jpg

DSC04198.jpg

this. like a light/hot Oktoberfest kinda, kinda ok/ kinda not worth trying one in a mixed sixer,but nothing more. then maybe this.. and/or a Hopslam. Guy had Hopslam hidden behind the counter I happened to look down and seen the box, its almost like you have to have code to buy that beer, and the price kinda pissed me off this year and I don't think its exactly worth that amount. I think Im lucky to have stublebled upon it as I haven't made my regular rounds like I use to. Having it now and would say its cleaner than it has been in years with more distinct aroma/flavors. Bitterness seems alittle mellower but still strong but in a good lingering way. I think it is comparable to a good Lagunitas or sculpin this time,its kind of what comes to mind. Definately seems cleaner and less sweet. Incredibly easy drinking for a 10%er. Im a fan of this years already. I feel less disappointed about spending 20 bucks on the six pack opposed to what I was spending on in previous years, pretty impressive. Not generally a big over 8-8.5%( I stop at Hopwallop/Pliny-when if available) double ipa fan either. Summit rules though too, they make excellent beer.

fortune.jpg

frostline.jpg

HB Dark mild, last of the batch. Super tasty

Didn't take a pic but just finished a Jacks Abby Vanilla Baltic Porter. Was a surprise from the wife last Friday but it was warm so I waited until tonight. Very tasty, love everything they make...also great bottles to reuse for homebrew.

Sent from my HTCONE using Home Brew mobile app

Neighbor's HB stout.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392440955.542369.jpg
I need to get another one from him so I can give him tasting notes, cause drinking it after a Bourbon county coffee just ain't fair. :)

Back