Smoked out!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimsawyer

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm brewin' tomorrow or not. I have everything I need except the yeast (10 block run away. Probly go with my favorite, Rogue Pacman!!!). I've got my trusty Traeger Lil Tex just itching to be used on a daily basis and havn't yet used it to smoke up some grain. I have heard of people using 2 lbs of grain on some tin foil and picking up a bunch of smoke, so in my little is good, more is better approch to life I think I'll do up 4 lbs of grain on the Traeger and smoke for 1/2 an hour to 45 min. Anyone got any good Smoky beer recepies. I'm in the mood for just about anything from a lighter beer to stout. Something in the 5.5%-7.5% abv range. Just not sure what i'm in the mood for, but i am in the mood for something smoky and not too dry!!!! Anyone feel inspired to toss out a few ideas? Maybe a smoky maple beer, or a smoky pepper beer. The wierder the better! Anything goes!!! Just smoked!! That's what I KNOW I NEED!!!

Smoke + Rye does it for me. 50% Pale, 20% Rye, 20% Home-Smoked, and 10% Caramel or Munich or something. Some spicy hops, like Chinook or Tettnang or something. Bam, smoky rye amber ale.

Back