Winter, I'm Ready Four Ya: Four Musts A Bubbling **PIC**

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncaMarc

Reaction score
I currently have 6 gallons of juice pressed from our own orchard and no added yeast or other chemicals in the bucket and it is burping every 8 seconds. LOVE IT!

I have another 4 gallons with added sulphite to kill wild yeast, pectin enzyme to help clear it and Nottingham. Bubble, bubble, bubble.

I then have a Wine Expert Off Dry Riesling kit wine cooking like a steam engine.

I then have another 6 gallons of juice pressed this past Sunday, held at 40 degrees and warming up now to around 68 degrees when I will add 1/4 tsp of sulphite, wait 24 hours and then pitch my Safale SO-4, my pectic enzyme as well as some yeast enhancer and lock her down for a long slow ferment to a semi sweet dryness.

Oh, I forgot, I have 30 bottles of Pinot Noir resting in the basement and a batch of Cab ready to pitch as soon as my Riesling bucket is free.

Life is good. And, God willing, it looks like its going to get a lot better.

Let it snow, let it snow let it snow.

fermenters.jpg

awesome, my wife and I are getting ready to start up a few batches as well, its so much easier after the temp drops since we still use windows to cool the house down.

Back