Home Brew Store

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashz

Reaction score
I want to preface this with saying that I am in no way affiliated with this store, just met the owner tonight and saw his store.

It's located in Downingtown, PA. It's right downtown, and was a great surprise to me. He has been opened a couple weeks and seems to be well stocked and knowledgeable. Anyone that lives in Chester county here in Pa, knows that we have a few choices but they are a ways away. At any rate I spoke with the owner, Mike for about a half hour. He showed me around and seemed extremely excited. I was excited simply to have an option in my town. The store is small but he has a good selection of grain and extracts. He has a nice selection of White labs, wyeast and pellets, plugs and whole leaf.

I only found it tonight and am happy to see someone open a place up so close. I hope he does well.

He is also having some opening event on nov 7th, with a band, food and a live all grain and extract demo done out back.

ArtisanHomebrew is the store and he does have a website.

Good to hear as I am not thrilled with the options downtown. How were his prices? Especially interested in bulk grain.

Just as I can remember he said a bag of briess was 50 bucks I believe. I don't know for certain, but I believe that is correct.

Yep. From what I see he is trying to compete with Keystone and the like. BTW Keystone and How do you brew in Newark DE have been my go to stores for a while, but I have to travel at least 45 minutes to each.

It's a no brainer for me, especially if I need yeast or hops quickly. He's less that two miles away from me. I am really stoked that someone actually takes the chance in this economy to do this. I hope he succeeds. Not that me buying stuff every month or so will keep him in business but I can hope things go well for him.

Never been to How do you brew, how are his bulk prices? Also glad to hear about the new store, I hope he succeeds.

Back