Wiring a Ranco Ranco ETC-111000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McKBrew

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed, but just wanted to give any of you who are a bit leery of wiring your own Ranco a bit of motivation. I did one of my two controllers last night in about an hour, and that was with ****ing up and reversing the wiring (got lucky that I didn't totally jack it up). Seriously, just pay attention to the diagram and visually check it a couple of times before plugging it in.

As for the screw-up, just remember that the LOAD and not the power side is on the left side of the diagram. For some reason, I just assumed left to right and put the connections on the wrong side. Don't let my mistake deter you, if you've ever wired a home or car audio system you can do this.

Right now my chest freezer is at a balmy 40 degrees.

Best Instructions I've found for wiring a Ranco.

Agreed wiring these things is fairly easy. I used the same instructions and it took about 15-20 minutes. Would have been less but it is a small space to work in.

Back