Just not happy...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortSnoutBrewing

Kwanesum Chinook Illahee
Reaction score
Man, my last three batches (an Ordinary Bitter, Holiday Ale, Espresso Stout) just are not up to my satisfaction. Down right bad if you ask me. And of course I have excuses for all of them. Bitter, it's my tap water. Horribly hard water. All my lighter styles come out tanniny. Holiday ale, tried something new. Soaked 4 oz oak cubes in 8 oz of Johnny walker, then added the Johnny, some clove and cinnamon into secondary. Not sure what the off flavor is, but it's just not sitting well. And the Stout...man, first time doing a cereal mash as I used some different grains and then my first step mash. Totally missed all my temps, OG was a good 15 points off and I think I added too much cold pressed espresso in the keg....

Just unloading...but man it's frustrating when the only beers you have on tap suck in your mind.

Oh, and then to have one beer that tasted great going into secondary has to sit in a barrel for a year...

I feel ya bra'. All the time and anticipation of that next batch, only to have it come out below par. Takes the wind out of your sails.

Anytime I do experimentals I always shoot for large batches to split. I experiment with part of the batch and leave the rest alone as a basic beer. That way, if the experiment goes vile, I still have at least some decent beer to drink.

So, get off your ass go brew and stop whining.:D And put some fecking underwear on, your boys are showing.:mad:

I've got an IPA bubbling away. Trying bottled water instead of tap on that one. And I'm doing two batches this weekend...a 10 and a 5. Now, the 10 is for the barrel, but yeah...

And put some fecking underwear on, your boys are showing.
If you're looking, you get what you paid for!

Back