For those in the Ithaca area...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CayugaBrewer

Reaction score
Hydroponics Shops of America (newly relocated to a warehouse next to The Haunt and across from Inlet Glass and Mirror) is now selling homebrewing supplies. There equipment selection is still fairly limited, but its nice to have an option now that Ithaca Beer stopped selling supplies. They has a pretty decent selection of ingredients and according to the owner they should be getting a pallet of cornies they'll sell for about $60 each. The owner is a really nice guy and certainly knows what he is talking about. My only complaint is prices seem to be a bit on the expensive side (at least for kits).

Good to know, been going to Ithaca Coffee Co. on Green St (not Triphammer location) for most homebrew supplies since they took over the business from Ithaca Beer co. Better selection of equipment, similar ingredient selection but no employee knowledge of any sort. Talked to someone who claimed to have influence on homebrew supplies but didn't even know what caramel 60 was.

no employee knowledge of any sort. Talked to someone who claimed to have influence on homebrew supplies but didn't even know what caramel 60 was.

Gonna retract this statement. Went in today to pick up some supplies for a batch and finally talked to someone who homebrews. Talked about the batch and made a few helpful suggestion about what specialty grains to use along with a couple samples of what they had on tap as examples.

Greetings! I know this is an old thread and I apologize in advance for posting something unrelated to the topic, but I don't know any home brewers in the Ithaca area. I will be moving soon and have some fermentors for sale. They are new from Northern Brewer...I just won't use them and can't take them. If interested or know someone who might be interested, feel free to send me a message or visit my ad on CL http://is.gd/cRSohj

6.5 gal BigMouth plastic carboy w/lid
6.5 gal Fermentor Bucket w/
6.5 gal Bottling Bucket w/spigot

Sorry again for posting an ad here...
Cheers,
Ed

Back