Brewers near dubois pa. ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No ****. How long ya been brewing!??

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

That's cool. Me and jester5120 have been brewing together for a little over a year. Have another fiend in Dubois we got going all grain too that isn't on here. I'm having a little party on the 4th. Got 3 beers on tap. Pm me if you wanna swap some homebrew that day. Mike will be there.

The only thing I have is an Irish stout on nitro right now. Just to let you know I'll have blue berries by the middle of July if any one wants to make something with them. Also by the end of September I should have a lot of apples and pears.

That's pretty bad ass that you have a nitro setup. You should brew up a wee heavy. I hear those are nice on nitro.

Probably 1 or 2 times a month. We get together for bottle shares more frequently tho.

The only thing I have is an Irish stout on nitro right now. Just to let you know I'll have blue berries by the middle of July if any one wants to make something with them. Also by the end of September I should have a lot of apples and pears.

Do you still have apples?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Just so you guys know, Haags is becoming a regular stop for me on Saturday mornings. Dad & I are getting some really good results when we mill grain on Saturday and make beer on Sunday.
I've got a question about second runnings. I recently started a winter brown ale with an OG of 1.082. Is there something else (like a lower gravity brown) that I could have made with the spent grain??

Just so you guys know, Haags is becoming a regular stop for me on Saturday mornings. Dad & I are getting some really good results when we mill grain on Saturday and make beer on Sunday.
I've got a question about second runnings. I recently started a winter brown ale with an OG of 1.082. Is there something else (like a lower gravity brown) that I could have made with the spent grain??

Yep. Its referred to as partigyle brewing. You basically just run a second charge of water through

Bearclaw, it was coastarine's American Winter Brown Ale recipe I found on this website. Here's the grain bill:
15 lbs 2 row
1 lb. Caramel 60 (substituted for crystal)
2 oz. chocolate
2 oz. black patent

That's pretty close to a brown. In my experience cara/crystal are the same just different malters.
Id just get some extra grain to mash in to increase the og of your runnings maybe some victory and special roast. I forget how much % wise is normally recommended to add but goggle should net some quick results. Get below 1.010 and you start to get tannin extraction

Haags feed store is having a homebrew day on April 18, 2015. Keith will be demo brewing All grain, extract and BIAB. I'm gonna try and make it to do some yeast starter demonstrations as well.

If anyone is interested pm me or call Haags feed store and ask for Keith.

I should of posted this last year when I got it. This is my Ward Labs report for Du Bois tap water. I ran the sample through a basic charcoal filter to remove chlorine.

pH 7.1
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) Est, ppm 77
Sodium, Na 17
Potassium, K < 1
Calcium, Ca 3
Magnesium, Mg 1
Total Hardness, CaCO3 12
Nitrate, NO3-N 0.4 (SAFE)
Sulfate, SO4-S 3
Chloride, Cl 19
Carbonate, CO3 < 1
Bicarbonate, HCO3 21
Total Alkalinity, CaCO3 17
Total Phosphorus, P 0.66
Total Iron, Fe < 0.01
"<" - Not Detected / Below Detection Limit

Nice. I'm thinking about getting my water in treasure lake tested for reference. I know my ph is similar to the Dubois water so I generally always add lactic acid/sauer malt to beers without roasted/Carmel malts.

Hey guys. So glad I found this forum. I am friends with soapy45 and have been brewing with him for about a year or so now. I am always looking for new people to brew with though and talk shop. I have made several kits with some good success. Beginning of this summer I made my first lager from scratch. I wanted a campfire beer, and boy did I get one with this. We called it Mutt Lager (cause of all the different grains I used). If yall are still getting together every now and then to brew, shoot me a message.

Back