Mead Sacrilege?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robusto

Reaction score
So, I have been trying to convince Mrs. Robusto to use our empty fermenter to brew up a batch of mead, but she wants to make a Lager. Mind you, she has only had mead once at a renascence fair, so I bought a bottle of Bnectar to show her what good mead can taste like. She tasted it and liked it but somehow, I accidentally poured orange flavored seltzer into her mead glass (she was drinking both out of wine glasses) and she loved the resulting concoction. She said it tasted just like a mimosa, so I tried it and she was right. Tasted very much like a mimosa… But lighter and more refreshing.

So… The good news is she now wants to brew mead…. The bad news is that I think she wants to make it to mix with…. Ugh…

Ha ha, well a start is a start. For many people, it is easier to stomach certain drinks by adding some seltzer water (wine spritzer for example) and it helps ease into it. There will be some point in time where a person can then enjoy the wine/mead without the seltzer water, or do such a thing less often.

I commit wine/mead blasphemy quite often by doing this (and ice *gasp!*) when I want something lighter to sip on during the day. And sometimes, usually in the evenings, like to have it without.

Back