Saison de Noel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aunt_Ester

Reaction score
All right, you bastards. NB sold out of their limited edition yeast (and kit) and now I can't check this out. It's up to you to report your findings! :mad:

I tried mine for the first time last night and it was wonderful.
I was sorry I had only chilled a couple of bottles as everyone liked it.

I fermented at room temp which ranged from 65 -80 depending on the day. Did not control it.

I kept it in primary for a week and secondary for 2 weeks.

I noticed there's a pretty large spread when it comes to using this yeast. I was thinking of using an electric blanket and with my digital controller to see if I can get the wort to stay in the low 80s. Dangerous? I guess we'll find out. Anyone else try it?

I currently have mine in the secondary for just under a week. Temp has been pretty fixed between 68-70. I had it in primary for 2 weeks and it was still bubbling after the first 10 days.

I've now kegged mine, but it seems to have a very high 'alcoholy' bite before you get to the all the great flavors this is supposed to have.

Am I crazy or did something else happen?

Just popped open a bottle, a few days earlier than expected. Impatience got the better of me this time and I surely wasn't rewarded for it. Still low on carb and high on alcohol taste. Think I'll have to let it sit longer than initially expected. Think the coolness of the basement is going to require another 10-14 days. Am a bit surprised by the sweetness of the beer. Anyone get that also or is just because mine is still quite premature?

I've now kegged mine, but it seems to have a very high 'alcoholy' bite before you get to the all the great flavors this is supposed to have.

Am I crazy or did something else happen?

My temp didn't get much higher than 72 and mine has same fusels and none of the spiciness. No me gusta. I'm gonna slacken the grain bill and try again next year.

ok all you folks who have made NB's Noel de Saison. I would like to make this but need some assistance. Can I get someone to please post the recipe, either all grain or extract.

thanks,

Sheldon

Back