Brew stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benharper13

Reaction score
I haven't posted in a while after 6 months off I brewed a few batches this weekend and have a couple more apfelwines going. I have been doing all grain and I have no stand I am lifting like crazy. I don't have much of a budget right now for a stand, Are there some cheap alternatives you can recommend or should I still to partial mash or extract tell I get more money

For $250 brewersequipment.com has an electric brew stand. I just got mine and spent a couple bucks on black pipe and now have a stand.

Inside or outside? If outside all you need is a chair, and a table. put you HLT on table, Mash tun on chair and boil kettle on ground. Only thing to move is HLT once and boil kettle once. If inside, use the counter, the chair and the floor, same concept.

For $250 brewersequipment.com has an electric brew stand. I just got mine and spent a couple bucks on black pipe and now have a stand.

Just checked this out- what do you use for the "guts"? I have never seen an electric brewing system and I am interested.

I haven't posted in a while after 6 months off I brewed a few batches this weekend and have a couple more apfelwines going. I have been doing all grain and I have no stand I am lifting like crazy. I don't have much of a budget right now for a stand, Are there some cheap alternatives you can recommend or should I still to partial mash or extract tell I get more money

Lots of cheap alternatives, it all depends on what you have on hand. Like a previous reply stated, it can be as simple as chairs and sawhorses used to form a three-tier system.

I was able to use my in-ground basketball pole and make a three tier system with that by bolting my keggles to it.

Tell us what you have to work with and we can help you brainstorm a solution.

I do not have an electric set up, I'm using propane with burners. The stand is just called an electric stand. There are lots of electric setups on here, just do a search.

Ok first thing I need to purchase valves for my hlt and brew kettle that is part of it so if there are cheap options for that. I brew outside I have basic stuff chairs tables ladder i could rig something up temporarily. Guess for now I need the valves and possibly permanent thermometers for my hlt and mash tun which is a cooler from home depo

Ok first thing I need to purchase valves for my hlt and brew kettle that is part of it so if there are cheap options for that. I brew outside I have basic stuff chairs tables ladder i could rig something up temporarily. Guess for now I need the valves and possibly permanent thermometers for my hlt and mash tun which is a cooler from home depo

Well, the BK would be on the ground, on the burner stand. That should be at a height such that gravity draining to the fermenters is an option. Next level up would be the MLT which could be on a table or saw horses with plywood surface. HLT can then be above that on the burner stand or since the amounts of water in the HLT are not that great (i.e., you can heat two separate quantities of water, one pre-mash and one during the mash), it can be at a lower level with you lifting it.

Valves are needed, and brass valves can be easily purchased at any big box store. Stainless valves can be ordered online (some big box stores carry them) but are more expensive.

Also you don't really need permanent thermometers for any of the vessels. A good, digital thermometer from Amazon ($20-90) would suffice.

Just thought I'd add something for those of us still brewing on the stove. I have my old printer stand next to my computer hutch. I'm slowly turning said room into a make shift man cave. I can put all my fermenters,bottle tree,bottling bucket,& everything else in/on it. Here's a pic of it;http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss71/unionrdr/PICT0005-1.jpg
Now if I could just find new,empty cases for all those bottles...?

Latest posts

Back