• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Fermenters/Bright Tanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbucc

Reaction score
I have three 1/2 bbl kegs that were converted into bright tanks but could easily be used as fermentation vessels. Easy to clean. Uses same airlock as a carboy. First $400 takes all three or will sell them separately for $150 each. Buyer pays shipping. (Airlocks not included)

IMG_2537.jpg

IMG_2539.jpg

IMG_2540.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg

IMG_2543.jpg

Heh. I just saw your ad on CL first and came to post it on HBT, but you beat me to it. Good deal. Wish I had the space!

These are awesome. What a great idea for a fermentor. I usually skip over the sanke keg fermentor threads.

Not to derail the thread but do you have a build thread on these? I'm interested how you made them. Pretty good price in my eyes for what you are getting.

is there a diptube from one of those ball lock posts? With a undrilled stopper in place can you rack using CO2 pressure?

is there a diptube from one of those ball lock posts? With a undrilled stopper in place can you rack using CO2 pressure?

I would have to think it is feasible to rack with an undrilled stopper. Say you rack at 5psi which is what I typically do it at, you would then be looking at 5 to 10 pounds max on the stopper. I'm sure something could be rigged that could easily hold the stopper in but just off the top of my head a 10 pound dumbell would seem to work.

Not to derail the thread but do you have a build thread on these? I'm interested how you made them. Pretty good price in my eyes for what you are getting.

There are threads that pop up once in a while. I bet you could dig up something good with a little searching. Here are some kits I found.

Scut_Monkey said:
I would have to think it is feasible to rack with an undrilled stopper. Say you rack at 5psi which is what I typically do it at, you would then be looking at 5 to 10 pounds max on the stopper. I'm sure something could be rigged that could easily hold the stopper in but just off the top of my head a 10 pound dumbell would seem to work.

Just put a stopper in from the inside.........

Just put a stopper in from the inside.........

Lol, very nice. Sometimes the simplest explanation just escapes me.

Anyway, how bad would shipping be to 97701? I like your fermentors. Please give me a quote for both 1 keg and for 2.

Thanks!

I'm currently upsizing to a 10gal brewing setup. One of these would work great as a fermentor! If you will ship to 49855 I will also purchase one.

Thanks alot!

Back