Star Trek nerds unite!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No way...the movie CAN'T be as good as the two previews look...no movie ever is...especially not a Star Trek franchise film....

No...way...

But if it's the case...maybe in a few years JJ Abrams will get to re-envision the Star Wars franchise the way it should have been..

Well, I haven't been excited about a movie in a long time...this one I might have to be....

:D

This is the first Star Trek movie in a long time that I've been excited to go see. May is a long time to wait, though.

But if it's the case...maybe in a few years JJ Abrams will get to re-envision the Star Wars franchise the way it should have been..

I wouldn't expect George Lucas or his estate to ever give anyone permission to do anything with Star Wars anytime soon.

I was pretty geeked about the movie, and the trailer looks awesum, but is that the Enterprise I see being built on the ground? Uh, I may be wrong, but I thought it was built in space dock, in orbit...

I was pretty geeked about the movie, and the trailer looks awesum, but is that the Enterprise I see being built on the ground? Uh, I may be wrong, but I thought it was built in space dock, in orbit...

Come to think about it, it sure as heck looks like it's built on the ground in trailer 1 as well...none of the welders are wearing space suits...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuksQwGOtVs]YouTube - Star Trek XI Trailer #1 (Christmas 2008 Version)[/ame]

Tell me what you think.

According to "Memory Alpha" the Enterprise, NCC 1701 will be constructed on earth, I believe near San Francisco, and then assembled in orbit. Original launch date is set for 2245. Hope this clears that up.

Not the first one. First one was built on good ole terra firma!

Yes, I'm a Trekkie. Yes, I nearly bit my tongue off in frustration with the releases of Generations and Insurrection. Yes, I am thoroughly stoked about this movie. Sylar as Spock!?!? Are you kiddin' me!?!? Can't wait!

Isn't that Sean of the Dead as Scotty?

Just watched trailer again. hee hee hee!

I'm more than willing to wipe J.J. Abrahm's slate clean of his previous travesty of a movie (Cloverfield :mad:) for this 2 hour piece of gooey, trekkie goodness.

According to "Memory Alpha" the Enterprise, NCC 1701 will be constructed on earth, I believe near San Francisco, and then assembled in orbit. Original launch date is set for 2245. Hope this clears that up.

AH, yes, my memory was based on the first movie, which was, I think, her first "refitting", in space dock.

Now that I have found the Star Trek Wiki, it is time for me to go home. :( Well, I might have to spend my half-day tomorrow reacquainting myself with all things ST. (And installing .NET framework and SQL Server Express on our accounting software test bed, and then the actual accounting software, if I am lucky.)

Star Trek is a pile of poo. I refuse to admit to watching everything I can that is Star Trek. I simply will NOT admit to it!

Oh yes, and 7 of 9 is totally not hot, and Vulcan Chick in that last series? (She was probably called Jolene Blalock or something....I wouldn't know unless I googled her) Her body was WAY flabby. Not at all buff in any way whatsoever. I think she had fake nipples too. :drunk:

Star Trek is a pile of poo. I refuse to admit to watching everything I can that is Star Trek. I simply will NOT admit to it!

Oh yes, and 7 of 9 is totally not hot, and Vulcan Chick in that last series? (She was probably called Jolene Blalock or something....I wouldn't know unless I googled her) Her body was WAY flabby. Not at all buff in any way whatsoever. I think she had fake nipples too. :drunk:

I move that LG's statement be stricken from the thread!

Your just upset that Jolene said on the Howard Stern show that she had taken it up the arse, but didn't like it. (True story)

I don't know who she is anyway. :cross:

LOL!! Didn't know that!

I mean ... NO, I'm upset from the fact that you uttered such BLASPHEMY, as defined in the Book of Roddenberry. I shall see you with pistols at dawn, sir! Uh, as soon as I can get to Ohio or Oz or wherever you are. Maybe we can meet halfway or something. Hey! Wanna carpool?

Seriously (and on-topic), it looks like it's going to be a really great space-action movie. With the technological advances we have now, there's no excuse for this to be a sh!tty movie. I'm looking forward to Terminator 4, too.

uf012124.gif

Enough said. :D :D :D

Star Trek 3 wasn't bad. The Search for Spock is the one where the Klingon bastids killed Kirk's son and where Kirk blew up the Enterprise.

And, shouldn't Star Trek: Generations be the 6th installment of the movie franchise? That one sucked testicles, in my opinion.

Back