How long yeast live in warm fridge? 2 part'er

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beesy

Reaction score
Due to wind storm in central Ohio, some of our yeast has been in a fridge without power for 3 days. Any idea if it will live? We have the Fat Tyre strain in there and bummed if it dies.

Part 2
Has anyone had success harvesting Fat Tire yeast from a bottle? I have a few sitting around and going to try to harvest from them if there has been previous success.

Should be fine if it's under 80F or so. After all, we ferment ales for weeks at a time with yeast, in the 60s and 70s.

I was kind of thinking the same thing, but unsure if once it was washed, if it would react differently.

Are you sure that's the question you should be asking? I'd be more afraid of the yeast waking up and blowing up whatever you've got it stored in.

AFAIK Fat Tire isn't bottle conditioned, its filtered, force carbed, and bottled.

so, you'll harvest nothing.

even bottle conditioned beers...many of them have a different yeast added to prime the bottles, different from the primary yeast for fermentation.

Back