Mountain Dew beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snazzy

Reaction score
I was reading in an issue of BYO and a recipe for a beer with the majority of the fermentables was from Mountain Dew pop. Anyone done this or heard of it? They said it was sort of a wit beer.

I heard of it before but have never heard from anyone who brewed it. I've thought about scaling it down to 1 gallon just so I could make it and see how it turns out.

Um... ew?

That doesn't even begin to sound appealing to me. Wit beer and Mt Spoo flavors combined just don't seem to do it for me.

I'm real curious about the out come. Just thinking that the preservatives in the dew would inhibit fermentation. Thinking that a flat 2 liter with some cheap yeast would be a fun, quick experiment!

What the hell is wrong with you people. Just because it has sugar doesnt mean it should be fermented. Oh wait, YES IT DOES. but it doesnt mean it has to be good lol! Jolly rancher wine= fire water+wierd fake fruit taste!!!

Hey, I would never have thought of it had it not been listed in a popular homebrew mag.
BYO said it was inspired by duvel, lucifer, and satan. They are the experts!

my coffee stout has half a pound of Komodo Dragon fom Sbux in it. I would think that it's got more caffiene in it. Now since I cold pressed I have no idea what the extraction rate is actually, but I can assume. :mug: go for it.

My first batch of Mounted Brood Summer Ale gets racked to secondary tomorrow. I'll know more when I taste it then. If you live in Iowa and plan on attending the Iowa Beer Fest in Amana Labor Day Sun. you'll be able to try it for yourself.

This...sounds...AWESOME!!! (Mountain Dew is the greatest soda ever)

Next time I brew my lime wheat, I'm going to try to track down some Mountain Dew syrup to add to the primary.

Hell, I tried Agave syrup last time.

:rockin:

Back