Google Pixel vs iPhone 7 vs Something Else

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brutus Brewer

Reaction score
It's time to upgrade my aging HTC to something newer and am looking for any suggestions you may have. I've mostly been reading up on the Google Pixel and iPhone 7. If there is something else I should be looking at let me know.

Lg v20. I just picked it up. I too had a htc m8. I really dont like iphones. If you do decide to do the lg back your photos up on google photos and the will tranfer over to the new phone.

I use an iPhone 6S for work and use a droid for personal. My buddies at work are all about the latest and greatest androids.

I prefer Nexus/pixel phones. simply for the fact they do not have bloatware on them. My wife has a samsung S7 edge, and I prefer my Nexus 6 (motorola) over it, but it's a nice phone.

My Wifes LG G3 had the MOBO go bad, causing the black screen of death, and this was carried over to the LG G4 early gens, and LG refused to do anything about it, so I am salty and refuse to by any LG product for at least 10 years... (really salty)

Nutshell:
If you want and iPhone, get the 7, why get anything else
if you want Android, look at the Pixel, or if you want something different that is still a seriously good phone, look at the Motorola Moto X Pure. It's a little older, but has no bloatware on it either. still has the fast charge, and is a serious piece of hardware but is under $350 out the door with full warranty.

I have a Droid Turbo through Verizon and am going on about 18 months with it. I'll continue to use for a few more months however I'm considering going to Republic Wireless and getting their Moto G 4th gen phone. Their rates are cheaper and there isn't any reason a new phone should cost upwards of $700. I have friends with Republic Wireless and haven't heard any complaints.

I was eligible for an upgrade at work and had recently cracked the screen on my Galaxy S4, and I had a choice between iPhone 7, HTC 10, and LG G5...

I went with the HTC.

I'm not an iPhone guy, and the reviews suggested it was a bit cleaner and slightly better than the LG. It also said HTC has done a good job of avoiding bloatware (one of my big pet peeves with a phone). Unfortunately I'll be on Verizon, so of course Verizon will add their own damn bloatware.

I'd love a Google phone without any bloatware if I was paying the bill, but I'm not, so HTC it is.

I was eligible for an upgrade at work and had recently cracked the screen on my Galaxy S4, and I had a choice between iPhone 7, HTC 10, and LG G5...

I went with the HTC.

I'm not an iPhone guy, and the reviews suggested it was a bit cleaner and slightly better than the LG. It also said HTC has done a good job of avoiding bloatware (one of my big pet peeves with a phone). Unfortunately I'll be on Verizon, so of course Verizon will add their own damn bloatware.

I'd love a Google phone without any bloatware if I was paying the bill, but I'm not, so HTC it is.

Bloatware can be removed with Titanium Backup. Its available in google play.

If you are invested in Apple, then by all means, do an iPhone.

If you are an Android user, then any Android will be ok for you. Some have different interfaces, but not generally enough to make or break the deal.

Pixels looked very interesting to me when I checked them out recently. I ended up getting a Moto Force, which is just an upgrade to the older Motorolas I have had for a while.

If you are a Windows Phone user, then Heaven help you! ;)

I ended up getting the Pixel. Wanted the Pixel but they aren't shipping for another 2 months. So far I like it.

If I didnt have my iphone, id have a pixel. If i didnt have a pixel id have an iphone. Had the pixel been out when I had to get a new phone I would have gotten it.

Not a big tech guy but i picked a iphone 7 plus for my business line and for a guy like me its been pretty easy to figure out. BTW Brutus Brewer its good to see a upper sandusky brewer im in morral

The 7s is a great phone with a nice camera and everything, but I hate that it doesn't have an 1/8" input....it only has that proprietary Iphone USB input. They ship you a converter but still....that was a lame move IMO.

The 7s is a great phone with a nice camera and everything, but I hate that it doesn't have an 1/8" input....it only has that proprietary Iphone USB input. They ship you a converter but still....that was a lame move IMO.

I agree. My Moto Force is the same way, but our new USB charging plug is a Lightning cable inside out!

I hate having to have an adapter for headphones, etc. I'm sure someday they will be standard as companies move the audio processing to the headphones, but it's in convenient for now. Especially since they are still using the analogue leads instead of the digital. Time will tell if the change makes for a better experience overall.

Back