Upgrading my kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my LHBS has the Deluxe Brewer's Best™ Equipment Kit so I think i'm just going to get that. thats ok right?

That's what I started with (and still use). When I purchased it I also picked up 3 Brewers Best ingredient kits to start my brewing adventure.

I just picked up the kit you have there from midwest...its awesome! (I'm racking to secondary tomorrow :mug:

The only suggestions I would make is that you should pick up an extra 3-piece airlock so you can ferment in primary and in secondary simultaneously, a floating thermometer for steeping grains, and a cylinder for your hydrometer to take accurate readings.... That stuff is all fairly inexpensive but really makes the rest of the kit shine

Good Luck!

jota said:
my LHBS has the Deluxe Brewer's Best™ Equipment Kit so I think i'm just going to get that. thats ok right?

This is the kit I have except I have purchased 2 more fermenters and some A.G. stuff but it works great!

I got a Brewer's Best kit from my LHBS, but that Midwest kit is only $20 more than I paid and includes a carboy and wine thief that I bought for more than $20 combined, so I would probably lean that way. Nice setup. Next thing I'd change right off the bat is getting a drilled stopper, #5 I think, and open up the hole in the primary lid to fit the stopper with the airlock. You will push that stupid grommit through the hole into your wort, or tear it trying not to.

I like AHBS, but they don't include a bottling bucket, and I think the savings in shipping costs arent' worth it. They do have plenty of other items that are great though, and I've bought from them very happily myself.

Latest posts

Back