What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cards Against Humanity 5th expansion

Before it is pulled, you should check out Crabs against Humidity.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P1JGUJA/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Many assume they'll be pulled one day if CAH gets a bug up their butt. Either way, it's a great expansion pack. I ordered 2 packs, my friend the other 2. I think it came out to be the same price via Prime shipping as the 4 pack which only ships from the seller and not Amazon.

In the mail I got nada. Well, some church flyer...those folks are pretty damn persistent and hopeful.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's that one of the Luna models? They're pretty nice for the price. Kinda wish my LGS had gotten those in before I bought my daughter her Yamaha.

Apparently you can't delete posts. Either that, or I'm an idiot. Even money.

Yeah it's a Luna 3/4 size. She likes Starry Night because we have a framed print of it I bought her mom for Christmas last year. She should love it.

Oh! I like it! Got any unboxing pictures? I'm always curious to see/make sure these puppies arrive safely.

Kal

Hi Kal,

Sorry, no unboxing pictures, but can take some pics of the box if you'd like. I'm the second recipient (panel was still in the original packaging) and everything held up great for both shipments.

Hi Kal,

Sorry, no unboxing pictures, but can take some pics of the box if you'd like. I'm the second recipient (panel was still in the original packaging) and everything held up great for both shipments.
No worries then! Was just curious...

Kal

New bottling wand. The spring in my other one went flying somewhere when I took it apart to clean. I could have gotten just a new spring, but I also think the valve was defective. Sometimes it wouldn't shut off at the end of a fill. That gets reals old when bottling 54 bottles of beer!

Got my prize from the Homebrew for Heroes random drawing. 2 pint glasses, a t-shirt, a stainless steel keg-style growler, and a 50 caliber bullet bottle opener. I can confirm that the bottle opener does indeed open bottles and one of the pint glasses will properly contain beer. Next step will be to check the growler and the other pint glass!

Got my prize from the Homebrew for Heroes random drawing. 2 pint glasses, a t-shirt, a stainless steel keg-style growler, and a 50 caliber bullet bottle opener. I can confirm that the bottle opener does indeed open bottles and one of the pint glasses will properly contain beer. Next step will be to check the growler and the other pint glass!

I want one of those bottle openers.

Calcium Chloride 1lb, because I purchased calcium carbonate on accident at my LHBS...

Very cool. Looks like a nice bike. Tiagra is a nice group set, it'll allow you to upgrade in the future if you want without having to conver the whole bike. The shorts are key. They'll seem weird at first, but you'll get used to them. I used to work at a bike shop and have actually worn a pair for 8 hour shifts before haha

It arrived! Looks so much better in my kitchen than it did on the web View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1423245556.598903.jpg

Also, 5x100g packets of whole leaf hops of various varieties beginning with "C"

I'm hoping my new Thermoworks Chef Alarm shows up today. I also got the waterproof probe for it. I like the idea of a remote probe for my mash and heating up water. After burning through 2 of the Cheap units in two years, I decided to go with a Thermoworks. With as much as I love my Thermapen, I hope this works as well.

And no, it's not just for brewing. It's actually more for cooking than anything else. I just can't stand constantly probing meat to find out weather or not it's done. I like the set it and wait for the alarm method.

the funny thing is, the old cheap ones I had died while just cooking in the oven, never did ruin one with water.

An immersion chiller - going to try a hop stand. I've had success with 'whirlpool' additions (hop addition at end-of boil, stir & let sit for 30 minutes). With the immersion chiller I'm planning to do a whirlpool addition, then bring the temp down to between 71C & 77C, add more hops, stir and let set for 60 minutes, maintaining that lower temp. I'll be interested to see how it goes.

Should have some packages when I get home. One will be some beers from a buddy in MI, hopslam and different beers from founders and maybe some other treats he didnt tell me about. Also some check valves from US plastic and gas like from Ritebrew. Big day for me!

5 red grommets
5 black grommets
100gr Cascade
100gr Lambic hops
2x Yeast Bay Wallonian farmhouse yeast
AND
1kg(2.2lb) of Delta hops

This

51bEkX+XFVL._SL1000_.jpg

Technically it was yesterday, but I didn't get home until late.

AHB Rogue Dead Guy Clone mini-mash kit
AHB Kalamazoo IPA mini-mash kit
Vinator bottle rinser

I have the Craftsman version of that, got it on clearance from Menards for $10 just for the heck of it...I use it way more than I thought I would. Very handy little tool

I miss Menards since moving from Wisconsin to the Pacific Northwest 10 years ago. Closest one to me now is in Casper, Wyoming. I used to love going there. :(

I miss Menards since moving from Wisconsin to the Pacific Northwest 10 years ago. Closest one to me now is in Casper, Wyoming. I used to love going there. :(

It's not so great for me. I'm only 20 minutes from Eau Claire where they started so they are my only big box hardware store. Anytime Home Depot or Lowes has talked about coming to town John Menard has shot it down or bought the property they were looking at

Back