Regulator destabilizes CO2 cylinder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryansullivan

Reaction score
I want to take my 5 lb. CO2 cylinder and a keg with me when I share my homebrew at the office. The problem is, the regulator causes the CO2 cylinder to tip over if it is not propped up by something.

Are there any good DIY or commercial stands to hold it up so I can just set it next to the keg?

A long piece of hook'n'loop tape would be my choice. I'd probably use two straps and put one around the keg and the tank valve.

duct tape it to the wall?

bungee cord it to a leg of a table?

do you really need to ask the internet for help in getting a small bottle to remain upright?

Hmmmmmmm, did not know that. Glad I didn't do it myself. Weird thing is that I remember back in college, we had a 2 tower tap installed (professionally) in the kitchen in the fraternity house. The CO2 bottle was strapped in horizontally for space reasons. We always had problems with over foamy beer. Could that be one of the causes?

It might fit in this...

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/s...10151_10051_26125_-1?Ntt=lantern+base&Ntk=All

Lantern base.JPG

Latest posts

Back