Dunkel Weizen ready in 14 days?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orion2598

Reaction score
Ok, so let me start off by saying that I usually stay pretty close to the 1 2 3 rule with my beers, especially extracts. But this is now my second AG and so far everything has gone smoothly. OG was 1.056, transferred to secondary at 1 week @ 1.020 and now we're at a nice 1.014. It tastes perfect with no residual after-tastes or extracty-ness I'm assustomed to. I'm almost afraid the gravity will go lower and I'll lose that little bit of the sweetness I like in a wheat.

If I were going to bottle, I would probably wait a few more weeks just to make sure I don't get bombs, but I am kegging this one, so I think I'm going to drop in in tonight and set it at 15 PSI for a few weeks.

I've heard that wheat beers can finish sooner than other styles, but has anyone else ever went from kettle to keg in 2 weeks? Anyone see any problems with doing this?

Thanks!
Greg

2 weeks should be fine. Your at 75% attenuation. I just kegged a wit that has a fair amount of wheat in it at 2 weeks and it's tasting perfect. Some on here have gone to a keg after just one week.

I don't keg, but I bottle my hefe's and dunkelweizens after 2 weeks in the primary (provided fermentation has completed). I don't even bother with a secondary phase.

Back