What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark's Vanilla Pumpkin Porter. I'm afraid I got an infected bottle :-/

Also had his saison which was very good, really enjoyed that one.

Sorry about the infection - nothing added post-boil other than the vodka soaked vanilla so it must have been the bottle :(

At least the power is on, right?

Oolong here. Going to help a friend bottle some beer this morning.

Yes. Other than a momentary flicker on Wednesday morning we've had it, so in that regard we are lucky. I just hope the FedEx Office has it and is open today so I can ship out an eMAW.

Sorry about the infection - nothing added post-boil other than the vodka soaked vanilla so it must have been the bottle :(

Yes. Other than a momentary flicker on Wednesday morning we've had it, so in that regard we are lucky. I just hope the FedEx Office has it and is open today so I can ship out an eMAW.

I hope they do too and get your package delivered today! Just got the coffee pot going. Almost out of the Ethiopian Yirgacheffe. Come payday I'm ordering a roaster and a bunch of green coffee.

No worries, it was still good, in a funky kind of way. Just not how you intended I'm sure.

Drinking water while going blind staring at spreadsheets on a computer screen.

Sent by a cellular communication device

Drinking water while going blind staring at spreadsheets on a computer screen.

I'm on the water as well.

Perhaps a guided meditation would help you. :rockin: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want to reach through the phone and punch the guy on the other end of this conference call. Hopefully my hatred for him is thinly veiled enough...

He's difficult enough to work with in person, but on the phone he takes it to a whole other level...

EDIT: finished my coffee, need another...

Hahahaha, thank you for that. But it would appear that BGBC may need it more than me at this point...

Ah, I'm over it. It's a client who loves to hear himself talk, and doesn't add any value.

At least my management has my back and was on the call to shoot him down as well.

People suck. Water and some oats. Gym time, bishes.

Earl Grey for me. Just finished setting up account with a new yeast lab here in MI. Ill only be brewing with fresh lab grown strains only days old from now on. The first two I ordered ( will be ready at end of next week) Conan and a Belgian saison :ban:

Coffee and oatmeal for breakfast.

image.jpg

Earl Grey for me. Just finished setting up account with a new yeast lab here in MI. Ill only be brewing with fresh lab grown strains only days old from now on. The first two I ordered ( will be ready at end of next week) Conan and a Belgian saison :ban:
That is awesome! I wish I had something like that local here, I will be setting up a commercial account with a lab in Colorado soon for the brewery since I'm the house "yeast/brewing science" nerd.

Coffee and oatmeal for breakfast.

Breakfast of champions! You make me realize my coffee doesn't have enough stout in it :mug:

Looks like Inbev just bought Blue Point. Guess that is their plan. Buy craft breweries instead of making better beer.

That kind of stuff pisses me off! What self-respecting craft brewer would sell out to InBev? The exact reason most people decide to drink homebrew is because BMC beers are crap. I don't have much confidence that operations will stay the same. They'll find a way to ruin the new brand too.

I'd rather go out of business and sell off my equipment than take a helping hand from InBev. *****ebags!

That kind of stuff pisses me off! What self-respecting craft brewer would sell out to InBev? The exact reason most people decide to drink homebrew is because BMC beers are crap. I don't have much confidence that operations will stay the same. They'll find a way to ruin the new brand too.

I'd rather go out of business and sell off my equipment than take a helping hand from InBev. *****ebags!

I agree with you regarding going out of business vs. selling out to InBev. One can hope they won't change recipes or processes. It's hard to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they continue to brew "flawed" beer with Rolling Rock in order to stay true to the brand.

I agree with you regarding going out of business vs. selling out to InBev. One can hope they won't change recipes or processes. It's hard to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they continue to brew "flawed" beer with Rolling Rock in order to stay true to the brand.

Its gonna be cutbacks to brew cheaper but stay "crafty"

Its gonna be cutbacks to brew cheaper but stay "crafty"

I have noticed quite a bit of what I call "Crafty Beer" on the shelves around here. If you haven't heard of the brewery, check the address on the back and it's usually in St. Louis and most likely an InBev entity. SteamPunk is one that comes to mind, and it's horrible stuff

Aside from the recipes and process (which I agree they will find ways to cut costs on those) there is also the very real possibility they will move production. Is AB In-Bev going to leave a production facility halfway out Long Island when they have a massive plants across the US? Two of their best ways to increase profits are to maximize plant utilization at their existing facilities and cut transportation costs...

And yet more water ... I'm getting sick of work ...

Whip In for lunch. They just put on an unfiltered version of Austin Beerworks Pearl Snap, dry hopped with Amarillo, dubbed "Lotion in the Basket"

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391798867.761497.jpg

Barrel-aged Austoner Weisse with cherries. Mildly tart. Haven't had many good cherry beers, but this is nice.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391800990.594667.jpg

Barrel-aged Austoner Weisse with cherries. Mildly tart. Haven't had many good cherry beers, but this is nice.

Im jealous you can go to Whip in. I like the place but the owner is a A-hole but i still go there and have a couple and see if they have anything good for sale. Need to make some Berliner soon. Also i hate when they pour into that whiskey glass. You can buy smaller glass than that one

I think it was the batch. Mine was gushy /weird also.

I hope they do too and get your package delivered today! Just got the coffee pot going. Almost out of the Ethiopian Yirgacheffe. Come payday I'm ordering a roaster and a bunch of green coffee.

Popcorn pooper or actual roaster? If the latter, what did you spring for?

22550d1381890705-ford-dealers-blow-fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-serious-trolling-7e8642.jpg

Got a sample of Spent Planet Fermentation's Brown Flag. Local nano apparently. Never heard of them, but was offered a sample by Deepak at Whip In, and who am I to turn it down.

Excellent sour brown. Must investigate further.

Anyone gonna be at Russian River tonight/tomorrow morning for some Younger/Beatification drafts?

Not until March 3 when Monk's gets it (I already feel a cold coming on for that day!)

water. been sick for a few days & dehydrated.

Hope you are on the mend BK - gotta get back to that Meh Pils! :mug:

More water - got thirsty after putting away BrewinHooligan's trade! :rockin:

I think it was the batch. Mine was gushy /weird also.

Popcorn pooper or actual roaster? If the latter, what did you spring for?

22550d1381890705-ford-dealers-blow-fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-serious-trolling-7e8642.jpg

I haven't ordered yet. Was going to start with a popcorn popper to get my feet wet before dropping $200+ on an actual roaster. All input is welcome on brands/models...

Got a sample of Spent Planet Fermentation's Brown Flag. Local nano apparently. Never heard of them, but was offered a sample by Deepak at Whip In, and who am I to turn it down.

Excellent sour brown. Must investigate further.

Cool. i'll keep my eyes our for that one. That is a direction i want to take if i open my own place. I've been messing with Brett and have a few sours going. Probably have another sour going fairly soon also. :rockin:

I haven't ordered yet. Was going to start with a popcorn popper to get my feet wet before dropping $200+ on an actual roaster. All input is welcome on brands/models...

I don't know anything about actual roasters. I do small batches with a popper and larger ones with a heat gun in a bread machine. Do you know what kind of popper to get? You want the kind that has a slots rather than a screen. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, there should be lots of info you if you search.

I don't know anything about actual roasters. I do small batches with a popper and larger ones with a heat gun in a bread machine. Do you know what kind of popper to get? You want the kind that has a slots rather than a screen. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, there should be lots of info you if you search.

Yup, been researching for a while now. Already found the popper based on the info at Sweet Maria's, was planning on using a West Bend. I also am considering getting a stainless steel popper like the guy at Art of Manliness uses for larger batches.

Back