Mini Fridge Kegerator Build - Few Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EFaden

Reaction score
Hey All,

I am ramping up to build a kegerator. I am going to use one of the mini fridges to do it. I have a couple of questions before I start ordering things. The plan is to use one of the larger black fridges with the silver front (like the Haier HNSE05SS or something similar). I want to store two kegs and the cylinder inside the fridge. I plan to do what I saw on the forum and remove the plastic from the front door and just replace it with a flat panel. I plan to mount a tower on the top and run the beer lines inside of a copper tube to keep it cold. So the questions...

1) What size CO2 Cylinder should I buy? 2.5 lb/5lb/or 10lb? Or will a 10lb even fit?

2) Any recommendations for a drip tray to mount to the top of the fridge?

3) Any recommendations on a faucet?

4) Any recommendations on a tower?

Thanks.
-Eric

Kinda curious what direction you decided to go. I've been looking to build a similar kegerator from the HNSE05SS, is that what you chose?

Not knowing the exact dimensions of the mini fridge you're going with, a 10 lb tank might be pushing it. Most people go with a 5 lb tank because it's short enough to fit on top of the compressor hump with room for 2 cornies.

Perlick faucets are recommended but they're pricey at about $35 a piece. I have the cheaper faucets and they tend to stick a lot.

No recommendations on the tower or drip tray.

I have successfully converted the hnse05ss. There is no room for 2 kegs with or without the tank inside. The biggest is a slim 1/4 with or without the tank. You might be able to get a 10lb tank inside with a slim 1/4 but it would be a really tight squeeze. I keep slim 1/4s using a low boy coupler with a 5lb tank inside.

Back