Spruce tip ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shrades

Reaction score
Opened up my spruce tip ale, yesturday for the family x-mas. Wow! It was a big hit with everyone. I will dod that one again next year but earlier, and let it age alittle more.

Good to hear. My experience with Spruce ales is limited, but they definitely get better with age.

Glad to hear it turned out well! We've been brewing with Spruce tips for the past couple of years, and they usually turn out well.

We make a Spruce Porter (hoping to brew another batch in the next week or so), but now i'm interested in trying it as an ale!

I have been wanting to do a spruce ale. They sound good and the wifes parents have a ton of spruce trees. Anyone have a recipe they would care to share?

I had a spruced red rye ale on cask at Flossmoor Station right before Christmas and it was awesome. Just enough sweetness along with that dry rye character really complemented the spruce. Thought I'd throw that out there if you indeed branch out from the porter.

Back