My Keezer Mod

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockybottom

Reaction score
Just about finished with my freezer mod: I thought I would add these for additional options for those looking for ideas.
Finished product:
PICT0420.JPG

This is based off a magic chef 7.2. I bought it at HD for $199.
Coffin:
PICT0421.JPG

I designed for a coffin style tower with four faucets. There is 3" sch 40 pipe that house the beer line from the freezer. Here is a look at from the rear:
PICT0417.JPG

The "u" is completely removable with the beer lines fitting through the 3" pipe.
I wanted to be able to have a modular design as this is only part of the bar design I have yet to build.

I have insulated the "coffin"
PICT0432.JPG

There is space all around the freezer for air flow. On the right side there is a therm controller, power strip, and room for a 10# tank.

The whole thing is on casters and moves together.

The black deck can be removed without moving the "coffin" this allows access to the above mentioned items.

Upon opening the lid: (don't mind the tape)
PICT0424.JPG

there is a thermometer sensor, fan that is blowing into the freezer not up into the tube:
PICT0429.JPG

I used an old cell phone charger to power.
Here is a look from the sky:
PICT0425.JPG

I have tested the temp difference in the "U" and without pipe insulation (it will be added after more shanks and faucets are installed) there is about a 3 degree difference.

The fan is an old CPU fan.

The funny things about it is, I was given 8 used Corneys and had to put them to use. SO I saved a little money on the corneys but now the bug is firmly taken hold.

The only problem that I see with your Setup - ALL THE KEGS ARE EMPTY!!!!!

Great looking setup!! How did you end up doing the bottom? By that i mean did you build a frame and attach casters or did you leave it to rest on the floor?

Back