fuggles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh, Fuggles? As with any supply item, it's worth it if you brew with them a lot. Otherwise, it's useless hoarding and you should tell us where you found them. :D

It was like $2.00 an ounce. I have not made a brew with them as of yet, I have only finished 2 starting the 3rd sometime in the next few days. I was thinking about an ESB in the not to distant future though and I believe fuggles are often used in that style, correct? Plus I could always trade them for some other hard to get variety that I might want for an IPA or something.

Poindexter said:
I am sorry, I used to buy pot for that price.

$32/ pound. Plus shipping right?

Yeah, thats right, I went ahead and put in my order (8oz), shipping was like $9 but I'm reasonably far. Once I get confirmation of my order being processed and approved I will go ahead and reveal the site.

P.S. I'm going to put fuggles in the title of every thread I start from now on cause this is more responses than I've gotten for some meaningful questions.

shafferpilot said:
Clearly that's a lie.

Yeah, I am not really that old, but the way prices are going it won't take long.

Enjoy your Fuggles. Remember hop prices now are high enough we should see a glut again fall of 2009.

I'm begining to wonder if all the hording going on will cause a big drop in hop prices come summertime when all those closed up supply lines reopen.

Chello said:
the picture of their fuggle pellets is very comforting... just in a ziplock bag? I hope thats not how their stored.
Indeed they are. But note the price. I use their hops mostly for bittering.

I found several sites with VERY VERY GREAT prices on a big variety of hops. I just ordered 1/2 lb of cascade, chinook, and centennial as well as some amarillo.

Got my fuggles today so I will go ahead and let the rest of you know where they came from now. I ordered them from flat fender brewing. Their website is flatfenderbrewing.com dont know what he has left or if the price will be changing anytime soon so check it out for yourself.

Back