Someone needs to open a CO2 supply on/near the upper east side in NYC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixmilecross

Reaction score
Just took the plunge and ordered all my supplies to begin kegging. Chest freezer is on its way and hoping to build a collar this weekend. While shopping for supplies, I figured might as well try and track down a place nearby to fill my co2 tank. Mckinley Welding and Able Fire both fill, but only open during weekdays and I can't leave work to have a co2 tank filled. I'm waiting to hear back if Bitter and Esters in Brooklyn really do fill tanks but they are an hour's subway ride away. I guess a 2 hour subway trip is better than nothing, but how are there no other suppliers in Manhattan?

Look for a fire extinguisher service company. They are all over the city and will fill co2 tanks.

Fire extinguisher shops and/or paintball shops both commonly fill co2 tanks.

I did find 3 more fire extinguisher places, but 2 don't fill/exchange and the 3rd want $38 for an exchange - which is ridiculous. There is also an indoor paintball place in LI City but they don't fill/exchange co2. For the time being, it looks like I'll be heading to Mckinney's around 6:30am before work, assuming my tank comes Monday. They are by far the cheapest at $18, but it sucks that no one else is open on the weekends and close by. Bitter and Esters are open on weekends, but will exchange the tank for $28. Don't think I will be going there given that price/commute time unless the tank arrives earlier than expected and I can't wait for a weekday to fill it (which is what will likely happen)

Time to find a new place to live

Back