First Brew a Success

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfe.Ale

Reaction score
I started my first brew in early September. I used a Brew House Pale Ale kit. I started to drink the beer after being in bottles for only one week, it was my first brew and I was impatient. The beer has now been in bottles for over three weeks and it tastes dramatically better than it did at 1 week. The beer tasted unpleasantly bitter at 1 week, the hops were overpowering the beer. The bitterness has now changed into a subtle more enjoyable hop flavour.

A note to everyone who is impatient on their first brew, beer improves a great deal in a matter of weeks.

After using the Brew House kit with success, I'm going to try out a nut brown extract with steeping grains. Completly addicted to homebrew.

Congrats!

I'm transferring my first batch of Nut Brown to bottles this weekend. I'm getting a little anxious to try so I'll have to grab a case of good stuff from the distributor to hold me over.

Enjoy.

gratz!
everyone drinks their first batch when its way too young.
most everyone gets addicted too :)

welcome!

malkore said:
gratz!
everyone drinks their first batch when its way too young.
most everyone gets addicted too :)

welcome!

Guilty! I didn't know how much better it got by letting it age. My IPA that I brewed in September is just starting to come into it's prime

All you need to do now is save up all your change in a jar to start stocking up on fermenters..... since you'll be brewing more often. Then, eventually you'll find yourself falling behind in transferring and bottling, instead of being impatient. Congrats!:ban:

Congratulations! My first batch has been in bottles for about a week and I'm already eyeing them greedily. The only thing I've found to curb my impatience is to brew more. I've been trying to brew every other week to get the pipeline filled. I figure once I have drinkable beer in bottles, one in secondary, one in primary and one in the planning stages the temptation won't be so strong to drink my beer too early.

Chad

Congratulations! I am getting ready for my first batch and it always helps to hear some good stories instead of the bad ones. .

I am guilty, since it is so much fun to see how the beer changes so much over time ...

Yes - 3 weeks is an amazing difference for the taste ... I have a winter warmer which will take 9 weeks ... I am thinking 3 in primary, 1 in secondary, then 5 in the bottle...

This hobby shows the wonder of process over product

Latest posts

Back