My Journal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatGuy66

Reaction score
My brew experience

4cua49i.jpg

I went to Barnes & Noble, looking for a BBQ magazine, when I seen a magazine called Draft (draftmag.com). I like beer so I picked it up. In it they had an article on homebrewing. They gave a list of books and web sites. This intrigued me, so I dug thru a couple of web sites and bought a book (Homebrewing for Dummies), and also bought brew your own magazine (byo.com). I read it cover to cover, and decided to start home brewing.

I have researched all I can, from the net and books to TV. Everything I have read or seen told me to find a local homebrew shop. So I found a couple of them, I went to there shops to see for my self how they are. I found one that offers a beginner class, and signed up for it (bought more brew your own magazine). I will be attending the class on Saturday 4-28-07, which is also the NFL draft day (I put this in because I love football). I will also be getting the gear I need to brew my first batch. I will be keeping this journal and taking pictures of my experience. I hope this is a life long journey I can share with people.

Welcome! It's not often that people do the research before starting their first brew. Gilroy eh? I didn't know there were any homebrew stores there. My mom lives there so I go down there about once a week or two.

No brew shops in gilroy, but semi local is in san jose and livermore. I'm taking the class at Good Brewer in livermore.

JJ just wondering if there are people close to me.

ya Im WAY north. there are as you know LOTS of places on the net to get ingredents and things. my LHBS just closed and I am haveing to resort to the net and MOREBEER.com to get stuff. keep us posted on how the class turnes out?
JJ

go to tinypic.com, go to browse, then look for your pic on your com., double click that pic, then click upload now, when done click the blue thing that says copy, when highlighted black, right click, then select copy. When ready to put here, start your thread then paste. preveiw. then post.

Wow, Livermore, that's a way to go from Gilroy. The Good Brewer is a good place. The owner there (forgot his name) is a pretty cool guy and his prices are fairly good.

Ya livermoore is 2 hours (i'm dedicated to gettin' started).

Seefresh you got a fat guys mustache?:drunk:

Jaybird, I use photoshop to resize.:)

man I bought that dummies book... lot of great stuff in there for the beginners I learned alot from it. dont know where it went. look for the designing grewt beers by Ray Daniels its VERY worth the $$$.
I guess the Raiders signed that QB. good luck this year. Not really a football fan to much other stuff to do. I always catch a ration at work from all the fans. nice picts
JJ

Back