Breaking in my new brewing boots!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blkandrust

Reaction score
My daughter got me Brewing Boots last week for my Bday.Sooo excited to break them in today,even though its 90 outside!!!They even have a Steel toe just in case my truck falls on me while brewing!!

My daughter got me Brewing Boots last week for my Bday.Sooo excited to break them in today,even though its 90 outside!!!They even have a Steel toe just in case my truck falls on me while brewing!!

You know, that's really smart. I almost always brew barefoot. That's stupid. I should have some decent footware when messing around with boiling liquids, heavy items, etc. Brewing boots is a great idea!

You know, that's really smart. I almost always brew barefoot. That's stupid. I should have some decent footware when messing around with boiling liquids, heavy items, etc. Brewing boots is a great idea!

I know what you mean.My prior brewing footwear during the warm months was flip flops!!!The steel toe may be overkill but who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth!:D

I do too! Boots sound like the smart way to go. Good daughter!

I picked up a great pair of boots at Wal Mart a few years ago. Thick black leather, steel toe and shank, oil resistant sole, $25. They've worn like iron and are the most comfortable shoes I own. I beat the crap out of them- kicking fires, moving hot propane burners, spilling wort, etc. and they just keep going. I have no idea what the brand name is though.

I picked up a great pair of boots at Wal Mart a few years ago. Thick black leather, steel toe and shank, oil resistant sole, $25. They've worn like iron and are the most comfortable shoes I own. I beat the crap out of them- kicking fires, moving hot propane burners, spilling wort, etc. and they just keep going. I have no idea what the brand name is though.

Herman Survivors?

I have a pair of them, combat style. They are the most comfortable boots I have ever found. I've had them for years now. Best money I have ever spent.

I'm looking into getting some xtratufs. I've heard they're quite nice, but never worn them myself.

I've been using the old green zip up rubber boots I got from my grandpa when he died!!:D

Never underestimate the usefulness of steel toes. That's an awesome gift.

I was bottling barefoot last night and carrying a full 6.5 gallon glass carboy to the bottling area when the brewhauler I was using tore dropping the carboy directly on my barefoot toes breaking one of them.

Never underestimate the usefulness of steel toes. That's an awesome gift.

I was bottling barefoot last night and carrying a full 6.5 gallon glass carboy to the bottling area when the brewhauler I was using tore dropping the carboy directly on my barefoot toes breaking one of them.

Let's see a pic of that toe. It'll serve as a reminder to all of us to protect yourself!

Did the carboy break and did you lose all of your beer. That would just add insult to injury!! :eek:

I'm looking into getting some xtratufs. I've heard they're quite nice, but never worn them myself.

I've been using the old green zip up rubber boots I got from my grandpa when he died!!:D

+1 to Xtratufs. I salt water fish and wear them on my boat along with the cattle boats. Really comfy. The only time I wear them brewing though is when I have to clean a few kegs and carboys.

Let's see a pic of that toe. It'll serve as a reminder to all of us to protect yourself!

Did the carboy break and did you lose all of your beer. That would just add insult to injury!! :eek:

Not much to see, the toe is taped up pretty well.

Luckily I think my foot prevented it from breaking on the ground, that would have been even worse.

Back