The [Horribly Unpopular] Soccer Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cried during the opening ceremony.

What?

I haven't been to the Lane since 1992. I wanted to go back before it was torn down but never had the chance. Going back now is a huge priority.

Spurs and Liverpool with great results. Cant wait to see the second legs. We will see how they do away from home. Both squads surely fancy their chances to see it through

Liverpool are practically through barring something ungodly. I would think if a 1-0 result was offered before the game any Spurs supporter would jump at it

Huzzah drunken sh**posting.

Between this, harassment back and forth with a scouser mate, and some 10 pints, i remember virtually nothing beyond Hugo stopping a penalty that shouldn't have been and Sonny scoring a crucial against run of play goal.

That said the opening tifo was f***ing beautiful, and as something that doesn't really happen in England, I hope it's allowed to flourish on its own and the South Stand takes a form akin to Dortmund's Yellow Wall.

Tired of the ****ing Kop at Anfield being the talking point.

Well, I would normally be excited to get Ajax, but they're on an incredible run at least in UCL (haven't paid any attention to Eridivisie so don't know if that's league as well).

Assuming we finish the job against City tomorrow, I still fancy our chances but it won't be easy.

Barca, and assuming Liverpool will be exciting as well. Unless Porto surprises.

I figure 2-1 for both home sides tomorrow- Liverpool advances straight aggregate and Spurs on away goals.

Barca tromps and humbles Liverpool (which carries to league, and City wins the EPL). And Spurs/Ajax goes to PKs with Hugo coming up huge and Spurs going through.

Then Spurs goes up 3-0 against Barca in the final (Kane returns for a hat trick), to go full Spursy and lose 3-6.

Prove me wrong lmao

Well, I would normally be excited to get Ajax, but they're on an incredible run at least in UCL (haven't paid any attention to Eridivisie so don't know if that's league as well).

Assuming we finish the job against City tomorrow, I still fancy our chances but it won't be easy.

Barca, and assuming Liverpool will be exciting as well. Unless Porto surprises.

I figure 2-1 for both home sides tomorrow- Liverpool advances straight aggregate and Spurs on away goals.

Barca tromps and humbles Liverpool (which carries to league, and City wins the EPL). And Spurs/Ajax goes to PKs with Hugo coming up huge and Spurs going through.

Then Spurs goes up 3-0 against Barca in the final (Kane returns for a hat trick), to go full Spursy and lose 3-6.

Prove me wrong lmao
Well damn that is a wild prediction. Gotta give you props for creativity. I think Ajax have to run out of steam at some point. I think it will be in the semis but we will see who they are facing. I really dont see Liverpool getting humbled by Barcelona. I think Barca are the favorites and have a better shot but to me that will be the real champions league final. Winner takes it all.

Oh that was meant to be tongue in cheek if that wasn't clear.

Porto may yet surprise, and we'll be fighting for our lives. I too think whoever advances shouldn't struggle with Ajax too much. Pool v Barca will be a tough one and exciting as hell for neutrals. Better than someone like Juve who'd just absorb pressure and counter.

Oh that was meant to be tongue in cheek if that wasn't clear.

Porto may yet surprise, and we'll be fighting for our lives. I too think whoever advances shouldn't struggle with Ajax too much. Pool v Barca will be a tough one and exciting as hell for neutrals. Better than someone like Juve who'd just absorb pressure and counter.
I might not be thinking things through as I multi task lol. Yeah I cant wait to see the matches tomorrow (thank God I requested off work). I do think it would be fantastic to see Liverpool and City in the champions league final as the duel it out in the 2 most prestigious competitions. But on the other hand I personally much prefer Spurs to City.

I see them getting two. They won the League Cup already, and I expect them to win the FA Cup. I'd like that to be where it ends.

Many fellow Yiddos don't want Liverpool winning the league. I'd rather Pool earn it than City buy it.

I totally agree. City never seem to finish off the champions league so I see them crashing out, hopefully tomorrow. The league is still up in the air but they have Tottenham and United away and Liverpool have the bottom of the table

FB_IMG_1555543350064.jpg

Also latest odds from the bookies (per B/R) give both Barca and 'Pool better odds to win it all than either Spurs or Ajax, even though only one will make it to the final

Seems they agree that Barcelona v Liverpool will be the real final, and whoever wins that will handily win the technical final.

They do tip Barca as the favourite. Which I'm inclined to agree with.

Man U 1-1 Chelsea
I believe this result will hurt Chelsea in the end - two points lost - Hazard must be feeling like Messi right now
D5QedhBW4AAEriy.jpg

Just started getting into Premier League a couple months ago. Always been a very casual soccer fan, but only really watched international tournaments and a little MLS. Gotta say it's been pretty exciting to watch City and Pool battle it out and seeing who's going to occupy the bottom half of the top four. Helps that my brewing partner is an avid soccer fan and Red Bulls season ticket holder.

Back