Can you Brew It recipe for Lagunitas Little Sumpin Sumpin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the side-by-side. Like I said, a little dark.

View attachment 151949

Interesting. Thanks for the response. I'm going to have to add this to my list of things I want to brew. The aroma & hop flavor of little sumpin sumpin is just awesome one of my all time favorites. I'll have to find the Santiam hops online as the LHBS here doesn't carry them. Thanks again for the feedback. :mug:

A Bevmo that recently opened here had some 5 mth. Little Sumpin Sumpin
marked down to (I think by accident) $7.96 a 6 pack - needless to say I grabbed the last 5 packs they had, and when I went back in a week later it was $9.99

It is the S***in !!

Little Sumpin Sumpin and all Lagunitas 6 packs run about $7.49 around here :) It is one of my go-to beers for sure. Right now Brown Shugga' is out and is $7.49 a 6er.. now that is a steal it's 9.9% so it only takes a couple and it's an excellent hoppy brew

That is a fair price...some people I know near the east coast say the prices are usually $13 - $15 for L. Sumpin & Lag. Sucks

Brewed this, but replaced the 2 row w/ LME. Everything else was to recipe. OG was spot on 1.070. Double pitched notty, fermented at 63 for about 4 days then raised to 72 and at day 11 was down to 1.012 so threw in the dry hops. Can't wait to keg this in a week!

Man. Picked the ingredients up for the recipe and I am glad my lhbs sells hops in bulk. I would've spent big money if they didn't.

Bout 2 weeks in keg and tasting good, but not sumpin sumpin. Notty mainly to account for it I guess. Color was tiny bit darker (likely due to partial extract). taste of my brew was bit more fruity/floral than Sumpin which seemed to have more spicy notes to it. Def good beer though!!

Placeholder...batch in progress...two weeks in bottle. Brewing another batch this week for son's wedding. Will update results of both batches.

Unfortunately I don't have the equipment yet to do all grain but have been wanting to try a partial mash BIAB. This is my first attempt at BIAB and first attempt at trying to convert a recipe since I can't seem to find a standard extract or partial version of this that people have been using. I would love to get any feedback on this before heading to the homebrew shop.

Mash grains:
2lbs. torrified wheat
1lb. pale malt (2 row)
1lb. white wheat malt
Mash in 2.5 gallons at 160deg. for 60min., then sparge
Bring boil volume up to 3.5 gallons

Boil ingredients (60 min. boil):
6lbs. extra light DME
3lbs. wheat LME
1oz. Nugget - 60 min.
1oz. Santium - 15min.
.5oz. Amarillo - 15min.

After cooling, add water to reach 5gal.

Yeast: WLP002

Dry Hopps:
1oz. Centennial
1oz. Cascade
1oz. Chinook
1oz. Simcoe
1oz. Columbus
.5oz. Amarillo

What do you think? Would this get anywhere close or am I way off? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I just went to Lagunitas new brewery in Chicago and loved this beer! Looking forward to attempting it.

Nobody responded to the above recipe so decided to have the LHBS take a look and they said it looks ok. I just had to replace the Chinook with an extra ounce of Centennial since they were out. I also had to go with Wyeast 1098 British Ale yeast instead of the WLP002 since I guess they no longer carry White Labs. It was a hell of an expensive recipe costing me around $70 so hopefully it will turn out good! I'm planning on brewing tomorrow so will post again once I am able to try it.

does anyone have an idea about condensing some of the types of hops, maybe doing some close substitutions? I'm ok with being 95% close and saving some money and not having to buy 7-8 different kinds of hops.

Re-viving this one.

I visited the Us recently, and tried this beer on tap in San-Fran.
Wonderful beer, Juicy - Fruity - Spicy - Resiny - Grapefruit.

My questions is this. Where are the F/O hops?
Or am I missingsomething? Adding the Same as the dryhop seems to make sense to me?

Can someone tell me?

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1460082956.538290.jpg
Lil Sumpin under way! I used the recipe from AHA website for this one. Only difference on it is I had to settle for Wyeast 1098 instead of WLP007. HBS didn't have it in stock. Pre boil gravity in that pic is 1.053 and I'm only doing a 60 minute boil instead of 90 so I'm sure I'll be shy of the called for 1.071 OG. Oh well.....I'm sure it'll turn out ver y drinkable [emoji3]. Cheers!

Anyone have a recipe for Lil Sumpin' Sumpin' extra?
Is it basically the same beer with everything bumped up by 10 or 15%?
Or is it different in other ways? Some sugar added maybe?

I was going to brew the normal version and when doing research discovered that there was an extra. I have a pile of hops so why not?
I will use a different yeast though; either WLP005 or MJ M42.

Thanks

:mug:

Back