how long does soda need to sit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends. If you've used yeast, it should carb up in 24-48 hours. If you're force carbonating, it can be ready in minutes depending on how you're doing it. I've been force carbing lately, in a 2L bottle with a carbonator cap, and it takes about 20 minutes or so. The ginger ale tasted better after a day, though- I guess the ginger infused more flavor overnight.

Do you make the Ginger Ale often ?

How does the Raindow Soda Ginger Ale turn out ? My wife drinks Ginger Ale by the case, and I was thinking I would like to try making a keg of Ginger Ale.

Does it taste like Schwepp's or Canada Dry ? If it does, I think I would like to make some. I'm just worried it will turn out like Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale - that ****s nasty.

Do you make the Ginger Ale often ?

How does the Raindow Soda Ginger Ale turn out ? My wife drinks Ginger Ale by the case, and I was thinking I would like to try making a keg of Ginger Ale.

Does it taste like Schwepp's or Canada Dry ? If it does, I think I would like to make some. I'm just worried it will turn out like Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale - that ****s nasty.

I only made ginger ale- I mean, it's ginger, a squeeze of lemon and sugar. I don't drink commercial sodas (because of the high fructose corn syrup) so I cant' compare it. I made this recipe: Homemade Ginger Ale
I did it in a 2L bottle, though, with a carbonator cap, and then just strained it through a tea strainer when I poured it into a glass. I thought it was great, but you may want to make some and sample it before you try it on your wife! I've had Vernor's Ginger Ale, but no other commercial ones.

I did buy root beer extract for the root beer, and I used the recipe on the box, except used a little malto dextrine in it as well. That was excellent, and my son managed to drink all 5 gallons with just a little help.

So it sounds like its basically lemonade with some ginger in it ?

I might try it, after all its only 2 litres or whatever - if it sucks ass it won't hurt to dump it.

So it sounds like its basically lemonade with some ginger in it ?

I might try it, after all its only 2 litres or whatever - if it sucks ass it won't hurt to dump it.

Nah, it's definitely ginger ale with some lemon it it. I used about 2 TBSP grated ginger, which is actually quite a bit of ginger. Then a whole lemon (squeezed) and about a cup of sugar. I added water to top up the 2L jug, then shook it well and put it on gas. I've made it without lemon, too, but I like the lemon in it better than without.

I've made the aforementioned ginger ale as well and have only wonderful things to say about it. It has a very clean ginger taste, with none of the dirt-like flavor you get in most commercial ginger ales.

Back