For the shadetree mechanics here.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFebtober

Reaction score
If you've ever used a Haynes manual to work on your POS car, you'll get a real kick out of this page. Nearly had me in tears, I was laughing so hard. Brought back many highschool memories.

And for you British Leyland sufferers: this.

As a long time Haynes user, that's hilarious! Some parts of those books are pretty helpful, but others are like Ikea instructions.

As a long time Haynes user, that's hilarious! Some parts of those books are pretty helpful, but others are like Ikea instructions.

[youtube]pnULS_KfCWE[/youtube]

at the 3min mark (Clerks Cartoon Version)

"What Do you boys think of my desk? I built it all by myself, and I have all these extra pieces."

"I want you boys, lock, stock and barrel"

"is this some sorta gay thing?"

"NO!"

"you're sure?"

pause

"Yeesss."

OH MY GOD SOMEONE ELSE WHO APPRECIATES THE CLERKS ANIMATED SERIES I LOVE YOU BRAEHAUS! :fro:

And yes. Haynes = Devil. Chiltons = Devil. I did my own repairs on my first few cars - '86 Nova (1.6L), '86 Olds 98 Regency (3.8L), '90 Grand Caravan (3.3L) and '79 Datsun 280ZX. Then I started working full time, and gave up on that hobby. These days, my hands are weak enough that I can barely do anything on my own anymore. So I just bought a warranty instead. :/

Haynes: See illustration for details
Translation: None of the illustrations notes will match the pictured exploded, numbered parts. The unit illustrated is from a previous or variant model.

I tried to replace my heater core with that...didn't work, so got the factory manual...made hella more sense!

I ordered the Haynes/Chiltons for my Jeep last night. WIsh I'd have got the real manual now. So much of that page is funny. And true.

I'm off to buy U-joints for the front axle. They're getting pretty sloppy.

Back