Old heineken small kegorator repurposed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dg35884

Reaction score
I have an old Heineken kegorator hanging around and thought it could possibly be re purposed into something useful for home brewing. I took the thing apart and have the guts in working order! i am unsure if it is even possible to use this thing for anything other than its original intention, but i would like to throw it out to all yall. I will post a pic later if yall think it might help?

This is the guts out of it the metal block you see gets really cold when it's turned on and I believe that is what cools the metal bowl the small keg sits in. Thoughts?

ForumRunner_20130208_173755.jpg

ForumRunner_20130208_173804.jpg

It's a peltier cooler, when a current is applied one side gets hot the other gets cold. Not sure what you can use it for it probably isn't sufficient to cool a fermentation chamber but you might be able to use it to cool something small?

Thread revival, Woot had the Krups beer tenders on sale today. For the price, even if I cannot figure out how to keg in a newcastle draughtkeg, I get a cool peltier cooler to play with for $40.

(ps...this is the tech the new carboy lager fermenter thingy is made from that just went through kickstarter, sorry I cannot recall its name.)

There are ways to modify the draught keg for homebrew, but from what I have read they don't last very long after modification (like less then a year.)

My little setup has proved very successful for me (see link above)

Back