True Brew IPA kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cb76

Reaction score
I recently brewed a True Brew IPA kit with a few additions. I added a pack of Cascade hops, some Citra hops, and what came with the kit. I like a hoppy tasting IPA. Well after two weeks of waiting for the beer to carb, I tried a bottle. I will have to say after what I added to it and the original ingredients and after only waiting only two weeks I had to try it. Well, all I can say is I think that it is some of the best IPA that I have tried. After a few more weeks of sitting in the bottles I cant wait to try it. Will let you know what it is like.

I'm glad I came across this one good experience with this True Brew Maestro IPA Kit! Seems like most everyone has had a poor experience with it.

This will be my first homebrew and I have not brewed mine yet (brew day is in 3 days) - but knew right away to make it "more". So my LHBS suggested a good yeast - so I went with Wyeast American Ale and some additional hops, went with Citra.

But then I realized I still wanted "more". So, here's the recipe which I'm going to follow (I've read that the citra can be quite potent - so I may reduce the citra additions down to 1/2 oz per addition. Basically I'm also adding 2 lb of Pilsen Light DME and additional hops (Cascade and Citra). Also (not noted below) I will be adding some Irish Moss to help clear things up a bit.

I'm planning on racking to a secondary when primary fermentation is complete and dry hopping and adding the oak chips in the secondary.

I'm anticipating this to be big in the citrusy/floral hop aroma department.

The following was calculated from brewtoad.com.

PREDICTED
1.066 OG
1.017 FG
56 IBU
6.5% ABV
12 SRM
0.84 IBU/OG
Very Bitter

Type
Extract
Efficiency
N/A