how is your weather???????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poetic_entropy

Reaction score
Just started the boil and my beautiful brew day turned into a severe 50 mph+ wind and rain storm. Sure wish I had a garage. Currently Pouring, just added my first hop addition.

Burner is running at full just to keep kettle boiling. I'll post pics later. I guess it is thunder head IPA I guess I will call the RYE and RAIN IPA.

ANy one else have a good weather story?

ps I wanted to write this like they covered hurricanes on the news, oh well, I guess you get the drift.

BREW ON

thank goodness I HAVE a garage.. It has rained everyday for the last friggin 3 weeks here in Dallas!!! The Ducks started flying off, something about dry land....

It is great here in Michigan, 82F with a cool breeze. Sitting on my back deck drinking a nice cool wheat beer and watching my hops growing!

sun just broke and wind is down to 10 or so, just putting in last hop addition. I also just picked up 3 hop plants from a guy here in town already a few feet long. Any advise on planting already started hop plants. They are cascades too, my favorite. gotta go drop some hops.................... cascades of course

It's been Africa hot here in NE for the last couple of days. 90's with 75˚F dew point! Today it changed. 70's and beautiful! Took my Trans Am out for a scream today.

DSC02443.jpg

we're hanging right around 98 with killer humidity hanging around 20% ;). But it's nothing here compared to you guys up in Phoenix and Tucson. I feel sorry for you guys

Hot muggy and overall crappy....I work in Port Aransas and watch the big ships come in from my desk. The other day though I saw a water spout, it was really cool. I've never seen anything like it before.

To make things better it's supposed to rain everyday for the next week starting tomorrow.

It's about 9:30 p.m. and its 62F here just west of Milwaukee. It's been in the low 70's in the daytime here the past couple of days. Man, could we use some of that rain they're getting too much of in Texas.

I will GLADLY send ya some. We have gotten more rain this year than we have had in the last THREE put together!!! It dropped 19" in 6 HOURS just north east of Austin a few days ago!

We've had 83 some days of rain here.. lakes are all full.. we haven't even broke upper 90s yet.. it's crazy. 5 more feet of rain and my house floods so I hope it doesn't do this the rest of the summer

Im thinking that someone moved my house to Seattle. It has rained all week and then some. My back yard is flooded with moss growing back there.:eek:

I took a 40% chance today against it raining and was victorious! Cloudy all day but got through the(long - dam wheat got stuck) brew day w/o any rain.

mrb, I don't envy your neck of the woods in So. Cal. The afternoon ocean breeze here is great. Working out in Covina every day has sucked, though.

42F this morning after three days of drizzle. (72 hours = 0.27 inches) Have to finish hooking up the swamp cooler, got some hot coming in.

Hop plants are loving it!

Brewsmith, I'm in Santa Clarita so I at least have the Magic Mtn. fireworks to watch each night. But the, nearly, high desert weather sucks from now until mid-October.

Wow, we actually have good weather lately here in the upper midwest- 70s and low 80s during the day, low humidity, and nice and cool 50s at night for sleeping. There I prolly went and jinxed it............

Here in SW Mo I was looking to brew this weekend but Ma Nature thought that the lakes weren't full enough so she dumped more rain on us. Been a real wet one this year, but the 4th is lookin real good for my 1st AG and my 1st original recipe!!!! w00t Lookin at 82 and partly cloudy

BierMuncher - you guys are doing good. I'm going on 7 inches of rain here out closer to KC!! I literally can float a boat in my yard.

Its been a super dry summer. Our last real rain storm was around June 6. Two fires started in Utah today because of sparks. And my ******* neighbor is shooting bottle rockets.

Our forecast is for 99F - 105F highs through July 12th.

Please send us some rain.

Out here in phoenix we have a swamp ass factor of about 3 seconds. Im glad I mostly work at night. Hey badkarma do you live anywhere near purdy or washburn?

lostforatime said:
Its 112 here and the ground water is 91. I need to find a pre-chiller for my pre-chiller.

Hahaha, that has passed through my mind as well. For now I am going to keep brewing indoors on the ol stove. 120 degrees in the garage over a boiling kettle just does not sound fun to me. Since I put the new AC unit on last fall, I can keep my house around 75 and not have a huge power bill. With the carboy in a bucket of water, wet shirt, and a fan......68 to 70 degrees baby. Perfect for the ales!!

bigjon88 said:
Out here in phoenix we have a swamp ass factor of about 3 seconds. Im glad I mostly work at night. Hey badkarma do you live anywhere near purdy or washburn?

Yeah, they are within easy driving. I live just a bit NE of Branson.

It's been raining non-stop for days... no weeks... make that well over a month here.

This isn't my back yard - but it could be. We've only got 9 more days of rain before the first partly sunny day in the forcast.

FloodingImage1.jpg

I forgot my water wings yesterday when I went to go play disk golf. Wish I had a camera.. my kid loved playing in the "River" that I used to call Hole 11. *shrug*

The weather here is horrible, seriously, don't even think of moving here.

Brewed Saturday, 78 degrees and sunny, but it rained every other day this year, I swear!

The bluest skies you've ever seen are not in Seattle, it's just a lighter shade of grey natives interpret as blue when the rain lets up for an hour and the visibility goes over 1000 feet.

well 112-115 deg here in the high desert VERY dry 7-10 deg cooler than Palm springs 45 min down the hill from me. Cooking ribs lots and lots of ribs for the 4th and Chicken. Most of the day i will be at the bbq Thinking of geting my bro to do the bbq and sneeking off to do a batch of somthing ill need to check out what grains i got rdy. :tank: Have fun and be safe all on the 4th!!! :tank:

Southeast Louisiana is usually hot from June through September. High humidity and usually afternoon thunderstorms - unless a HURRICANE decides to drag it's sorry ass through here.

I brew under a large oak tree, but have a 10x10 easy-up just in case the tree is droppling leaves or it's raining.

The heat is the worst part.

At it's worst, tap water runs upwards of 98 F., so chilling to 65 F is a PIA
(Note: usually take morning showers with cold water only during the summer)

.......it's not the heat, it's the stupidity

Just got another huge down pour here. I was at the gym and for a while thought my small little camaro was going to drift away. After my night class tonight im getting the hell out of town, im sick of being stuck inside.

Ryanh1801 said:
After my night class tonight im getting the hell out of town, im sick of being stuck inside.

Summer school night classes suck huh? I'm starting my second summer session tonight.....

Yep they've been saying it was going to rain for days now and it hadn't let a drop, then this morning our front yard was flooded...driving the hour to work sucked!

greenhornet said:
Summer school night classes suck huh? I'm starting my second summer session tonight.....

Yep they've been saying it was going to rain for days now and it hadn't let a drop, then this morning our front yard was flooded...driving the hour to work sucked!

Ahh not to bad. im taking two seminar classes. So all the we do is debate and talk all class. No test or anything like that just presentation. But the 4 hours in class does get a little old. Thanks god for laptops.:D

the night class I just finished was a math class. Four hours of math gets REALLY old...

I'm starting statistics tonight, great another math-ish class!

Back