Killer Thai recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkimac1027

Reaction score
Tom Yum Kung

This dish is AMAZING. 100% of the people that we have given this recipe just adores it. It's phenominal, and so easy to make.

3 cups chicken broth
2 cans coconut milk
1 med. pepper (i like red peppers for better flavor and great coloring)
1/2 med onion
1- 1 1/2 cups ****take mushrooms
3 minced garling cloves
1-2 Tbsp ginger
1 Tbsp lemongrass paste or 2 lemonstalks
2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
12 shrimp- cooked or raw
1/3 cup cilantro
2 Tbsp lime juice
dash of crushed red pepper

Now this is so easy- combine everything whenever you are done chopping in a large pot and boil. chop veggies large for they will shrink up. I also usually add scallops, because we are a seafood family. totally optional on everything. paired great with rice- in fact i wouldnt have it with anything but rice. add more spice if you like spicy spicy thai food. they way this recipe is right now is VERY mild.

So someone needs to try this and tell me a good beer pairing... i'll tell you right now, red wine- no so good with this dish.

i know i'm a rebel!

Try this, i swear you'll enojy it. i dunno what i is about thins recipe, but damn it's good.

I can imagine that any mushrooms would do then. Try it out, i dont think you can go wrong with this recipe...

Back