This always brings a tear...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too true. I was introduced to his music in 86. That's when I fell in love with electric blues.

This guy wasn't so bad either

=

Last edited by a moderator:
Well of COURSE he's not bad. :p

SRV hits a little closer to home though for me, since I remember when he died. Of the two I actually prefer Hendrix's playing.

Both of them are my fav's. I "almost" went to the concert in Alpine Valley WI where SRV died in the copter crash but I had conflicts. Never saw him live :(.

An important note for the younger viewers, yes Hendrix restrung his guitars and played them upside down.

Between the two, I’d go with Hendrix too. The way his music just vibrates. psychedelic…:fro:

Broke my heart when SRV died. I was visiting my mom in Germany and saw it on the front of Stars and Stripes. Never got a chance to see him. :(

Jimi was the Master tho. Hands down. :rockin:

Ize

I got to see Hendrix in a small venue in Seattle the year before he died. I was 14 at the time and man did that make a huge impression on my music listening....At one time I had every "album" that he had ever put out.

Brewiz said:
I got to see Hendrix in a small venue in Seattle the year before he died. I was 14 at the time and man did that make a huge impression on my music listening....At one time I had every "album" that he had ever put out.
I passed up on Jimi in Philly cause I didn't have the $6.00 for a ticket...:mad:

There were only 4 albums released during his lifetime. All the others are just compilations put out to shovel in the bucks to the music corp.

Do you have the Complete PPX recordings? Most people have never heard of them...are you one of them?

They're not even on this list: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Balcony/5802/discography.htm

EDIT: I just got done watching the Hendrix video...I can honestly say there were tears coming from my eyes...still. What a loss of great talent.

Back