All grain deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnFrum1978

Reaction score
The other night I went out with a few friends from work. Conversation turned to home brewing. A guy who came along asked if I did all grain. I answered that I just did extract for now and he asked if I'd be interested in buying an all grain equipment setup.

The story was that he and some friends were looking to start a brew pub but fell short in scraping together the money. In the process he'd bought some brewing equipment that he was looking to unload. We didn't get into specifics of exactly what he had, but he said it was everything I needed. He offered it all to me for $250.

Now, money being tight and all, I hadn't considered going past extract for a while. I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on equipment right now so I hadn't really looked into it much. But, if this is a great deal I need to jump on, I could scrape it together pretty easily. Is this something I should pursue?

I would figure out EXACTLY what he had. I recently bought a lot of the equipment to go AG and have a good idea if it's a good deal or not depending on the equipment.

Get a list of his equipment. You can do all grain for pretty cheap if you build some of your own stuff. Also there is always someone selling their rig on CL. Post what he is selling you and someone will tell you if it's a good deal.

Back