Bottle guy wants to buy my beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm willing to do 3-6 just to prove you wrong now pil - I'm setting up a homebrew "lemonade" stand tomorrow - in front of the police station. :p

Airborne, your position has already been made clear. Quiet in the peanut gallery, please.

AZ... I'll be your first customer! As a matter of fact, I might just have something to trade...

Not here please, I've made too much overtime lately, they'll start asking questions!

I'm actually considering this...only if pil is willing to post my bail.

I know they do it on the rez all of the time with commercial beer. Can't remember what they call 'em; but a guy will go to town and buy a few 30 packs of Nat Ice for $14, and then sell them for $1/can out of his trunk.....

I know they do it on the rez all of the time with commercial beer. Can't remember what they call 'em; but a guy will go to town and buy a few 30 packs of Nat Ice for $14, and then sell them for $1/can out of his trunk.....

Well that's different laws being broken, although technically the same thing. Initially on the scene, if I came across homebrew being sold illegally, the charge off the top of my head would be Unlicensed Sale of Alcohol. Once the arrest hit the law enforcement systems, the Feds might get involved if it was big enough, but I doubt it. More than likely, any arrest would be handled at the local level. What you just mentioned would be at least that one charge and possibly others. I'd need my penal law book in front of me since these aren't common charges. Other than DWI, the most common alcohol charge I see is sale to minors coming from bars and bodegas.

:off: what the hell is bodega? We don't have those in Arizona.....

Judging from my days watching Sipowicz on NYPD it's basically an outdoor Circle K or 7/11 type place?

Bodegas, man have you watched Half Baked? ;) they are stores that sell a variety of items, like a small convenience store.

edit:

:mug:

Last edited by a moderator:
And posting about it on a highly trafficked internet forum about make beer is a REALLY REALLY REALLY good idea.

It amazes me the most that the people who want to do illegal things post about it online. Especially here.

Yeah.....I've read these things again and again on various forums including HBT, and don't understand it, except for pure braggadocio. Most of us are small enough potatoes there's not much risk in what we do, if we STFU about it. Posting online that you're selling $50K worth of beer a year is like sticking a finger into a light socket to see if it's live.

(NB: if you think that screen names or Internet proxies make you immune from being tracked and identified, you're living in a dream world. I'd like to see your analysis of what the capabilities of government are in this area.)

:off: what the hell is bodega? We don't have those in Arizona.....

Judging from my days watching Sipowicz on NYPD it's basically an outdoor Circle K or 7/11 type place?

The video answered it pretty well :)

It's in inner-city thing. Until I started working, I'd never heard the word. I grew up in a pretty laid back residential area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back