I'm Moving!...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
...A block from where I live now! :D

I just heard from my wife that the house we were looking at to rent approved our application. It is literally one block from where we are now. That will make the move a little easier. Our son will be two in June and it will be good to be in a place that has a yard and a garage (microbrewery/music studio :p). We can possibly move in May 1st.

Sweet! I may have to move in November when our lease is up. We want a house but won't be ready for a down payment by then so it looks like we're in an apartment for at least 6 months after that.

Now I just need to find a spare fridge so I can get working on my kegerator, similar to Tnlandsailor's "The Great Fridge Project" That sucker is an inspiration to us all. :rockin:

Congrats! Having the extra room for the kiddo to play is sweet, too. They don't call 'em "yard apes" for nothin'! :D

I just recently did the move down the street thing. Its kind of nice, a dozen or so small trips are alot better than taking the whole day and making one big one.

Plus after each trip you have yet another excuse to sit down and have a beer.

It's going to be a little bump in the brew schedule though. It looks like move-in will be around May 1st. My single hop brews will be bottled right about then, but my Doppelbock might still be in the secondary. I need to refresh my memory and look at the schedule. I was going to give it 6 weeks. Maybe I'll just bottle it a little early. But after move-in, it's catch up time. I've got a Hefeweizen in the planning, as well as a bitter for the keg. Then the IPA, Stout, maybe a smoked porter... and the kegerator project. When that's done, four beers on tap baby! :rockin:

Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel but not there yet. Kitchen, living room, and kid's bedroom are about done, but master bedroom and bathroom need to be completed. And the whole time I'm thinking in the back of my head - "All my beer in secondaries needs to get bottled!!!" It will have to wait a little longer. As soon as this move is complete though, it's going to be make-up time on the brewing front. I'm going to hit the bitter, smoked porter, and hefeweizen quick to get them ready for the kegerator that is also in the works. More details to come.

Back