The [very cool] doctor who thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is almost getting too cool for me.

Anyone remember Nyssa from the Peter Davidson era?

doc-sarahs.jpg

This thread is almost getting too cool for me.

Anyone remember Nyssa from the Peter Davidson era?

Heck I remember Lena for the Tom Baker years. And yes I remember Nyssa - Although my preference was for Romana II (Lala Ward)... but in those days I more associated the characther with being the actor, not the other way around. I mean as someone said of Eccelson, he is reported to have been a jerk, but the Doctor he played was likable.

Heck I remember Lena for the Tom Baker years. And yes I remember Nyssa - Although my preference was for Romana II (Lala Ward)... but in those days I more associated the characther with being the actor, not the other way around. I mean as someone said of Eccelson, he is reported to have been a jerk, but the Doctor he played was likable.

I wasr rather fond of Romana II too. Still married to Richard Dawkins, I think.

in that case then i know the doctor married his daughter.. :mug:
Edit: who in real life is the 5th's doctors daughter!!!

I didn't even know that. This thread is educational.

The Doctor's Daughter episode is one of the first I saw of the new series. I keep wondering when she'll show up again.

Am I right to think that Lalla Ward was the only companion to marry her Doctor?

To my knowledge no companion ever married the Doctor. The Woman who played 'the doctor's daughter' Georgia Moffett* married David Tennant, but she is a one shot, not a companion.

A companion is someone who is reoccuring for multiple episodes, usually for a season or more, not just periodic, although River is counted. And also usually travels with the doctor. See the guy for the dalek episode serries 1 with Eccelson - he is considered a 'failed companion' who goes with the doctor after that episode, but then is kicked out in the next.

Richard Dawkins (who maried Lala Ward) is an author of books denying God, promoting Atheism. As a note, this is not intened to spark that discussion, just info as to who he is. If you want to talk about that pro/con go to the debate forum!!!

* As a side note Georgia Moffett is the daughter of Peter Davidson (Peter Moffett who changed his name to Davidson for acting reasons). Peter Davidson is doctor #5. So Georgia Moffett really is 'the doctors daughter' and now his (Tennant's) wife. Additionally, it was watching Davidson as Dr. Who that got Tennant into acting. While Peter Davidson is the first doctor to watch Dr. Who as a child, it appears that Tennant is the 2nd and only other doctor who watched Dr. Who (as a fan) before becoming the doctor.
(Smith watched all the Doctor episodes after getting the part).

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh just finished season 4 wtf how does this show always keep us on our toes. Its to good.

Just watched the three doctors on netflix and i have to say i love the second doctor.

Just as a side note. Has nothing to do with the doctor and i may be a little buzzed now but youtube lindsey stirling. Love her so much.

To my knowledge no companion ever married the Doctor. The Woman who played 'the doctor's daughter' Georgia Moffett* married David Tennant, but she is a one shot, not a companion.

A companion is someone who is reoccuring for multiple episodes, usually for a season or more, not just periodic, although River is counted.

I was speaking of the actors playing those roles. Lalla Ward married Tom Baker in 1980. It looked like a good match, but only lasted 16 months.

Soon.

IMO, Romana I > Romana II. Key of time series was good. Went on for f-ing ever though.

While the key to time was good, and gave that season 6 conected stories (an arc) Romana II was less severe than Romana I. Part of that was that R I was intended to 'give as good as she got' and to be as smart as the doctor. After regen R II was seemed less confrontational, although just about as smart.

One thing about the old Dr.Who is they are all pre Seinfeld. While Seinfeld wasn't quite the first, it was the major show that changed pacing of TV. Pre-Seinfeld, a typical 1/2 hours sit-com had 3 or maybe 4 scenes each about 1/3 or 1/4 the episode length. Seinfeld had up to 18 scenes in a show some as short as 20 seconds. This dramatically sped up the pacing and the rate of the tell of the story.

It can be seen in all the shows done today. If you netflix pre 1990 and post 1995 the show pacing is just different. Watching old Dr.Who, there are times when they are running or something and you think 'this could go much faster'

My daughter told me about MS leaving and I thought it was bad info. He recently said he was born to play The Doctor. But she pulled up the official announcement, so there you have it.

I can't wait to see who is going to fill in those shoes. Should be a great story arc, as usual. I wonder if Clara is actually going to die for real this time...

She's signed on for next season so I'd guess not.

But I'm sure she'll be killed off. Just like Rose and Amy, kill off the ones the fans love, leave Martha Jones alive and kicking.

Extremely pointless trivia:- Donna's dad was played by Bernard Cribbins, who recorded a comedy song a million years ago called Right Said Fred. Yes....That was where those gay guys got their name from.

LGI is too sexy forum this forum.

We've been re-watching the series on Netflix.. just finished S4:E14. Still crying. Damn them.

Donna was horribly annoying until the last few episodes.. but she had great bosoms.

i didn't hate Donna as much as I hated Martha. Martha was just pathetic, Donna was in between but they more or less killed her off, because she couldn't remember him or whatever so you really don't have to worry about future cameos. Though the writers on Doctor Who clearly don't care about paradoxes and things of that nature as Rose keeps coming back and I' msure somewhere down the road Amy will as well, not to mention all the Dalek stuff.

Personally I vote the companions as

1. Rose
2. Amy
3. Oswin
4. Captain Jack
5. Rory
6. River
7. Most of the parents
8. Donna
9. Matt Smith's bowtie
10,050,432,452,120.5 - Martha

She's signed on for next season so I'd guess not.

But I'm sure she'll be killed off. Just like Rose and Amy, kill off the ones the fans love, leave Martha Jones alive and kicking.

Sorry but the only companion - that is someone who was there for more than an episode - and died is Adric. All the other die of natural causes (ie getting old) Rory and Amy got old, seperated from the doctor, but old. Just like Donna forgot the doctor, but so did Vicki and Jamie.

Yes the one on the starship Titantic dies, but she was with him for just one episode.

Back